Question: The ground water laws are both out dated and inappropriate. Explain.
Answer: Now a days, ground water has become the main source, especially for domestic use and agriculture.
1) The tremendous increase in the use of ground water has a significant impact on water availability and access to it.
2) Over extraction of water from one tube well often dries up other tube wells around.
3) The current laws about the usage of ground water in many states are both out dated and inappropriate.
4) The basic link between access to ground water and land ownership on which these rules are based, are flawed.
5) Ground water is a common pod resource. It should be made available for future generations.
6) There must be some restriction while using the ground water by land owners.
Look at the map of Ganga and name the states which are drained by the river Ganga. And also list out rivers which flow north and south directions.
Answer: River Ganga originates from Gangotri glacier. The states which are drained by the river Ganga are:
(4) West Bengal
North flowing Rivers: Tons, Son, Karmganga, Punpun, Dhadhar, Betwa, Chambal.
South flowing Rivers: Yamuna, Ramganga, Gomati, Ghagra, Gandak, Kosi, Burhi Gandak.