Following are important objective multiple choice questions for 10th Class Social Studies Public Examinations in Telangana / Andhra Pradesh. The question are useful for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of SSC Public Exams. Answers are given at the end of each paper.
PAPER – 1
1. The only river that flows through the Thar desert
A) Sindhu B) Terai C) Mahi D) Luni
2. Active Mahila Mandal Scheme found in many villages in the state.
A) Punjab B) Telangana C) Himachal Pradesh D) Bihar
3. Disguised unemployment is known as
A) Under employment B) Unemployment C) Both A and B D) None
4. North east monsoons give bulky rains to
A) Andhra Pradesh B) Tamil Nadu C) Telangana D) Kerala
5. The Vasantha Season
A) March – April B) March – May
C) June – July D) September – October
6. It is difficult to estimate …… water flow.
A) Ground B) Surface C) River D) Canal
7. Many Hill Stations are located in ……….
A) Lesser Himalayas B) Greater Himalayas
C) Sivaliks D) Vindhyas
8. Topography of a place is the reference for this feature
A) Development B) History C) Situation D) Site
9. ………..is a pivotal element in Social Studies.
A) Population B) Globalization
C) Privatization D) Capitalization
10. The ground water is ……….
A) Public property for all
B) Common resource of land lords
C) Special source for some states
D) Common pool resource for some states
1-D; 2-C; 3-A; 4-B; 5-A; 6-A; 7-A; 8-D; 9-A; 10-A.
Paper – 2:
1. The French Citizens who living in Vietnam were called
A) Dutch B) Boers C) Colans D) Whites
2. The International Organisation formed after the first world war was
A) UNO B) The League of the Nations
C) NAM D) None of the above
3. Last country to surrender during the Second world war was
A) Germany B) Turkey C) Italy D) Japan
4. ….’s ideas became the basis of the Political Philosophy of Guomindang
A) Lenin B) Chiang − Kai Shek
C) Sun Yat − sen D) Mao zedong
5. Which movement started in August 1942?
A) Vandemataram B) Non – Cooperation
C) Quit India D) Dandi March
6. Which of these countries is not a colony of Britain?
A) Vietnam B) India C) Nigeria D) Myanmar
7. Who is the Head of the Indian Union?
A) President B) Prime Minister
C) Governor D) Vice−President
8. Which of the following is not the basic principle of our constitution
A) Federal Character B) Supremacy of the constitution
C) Preamble D) Justice and welfare
9. Universal Adult Franchise means
A) Right to Education B) Right to Vote
C) Right to Freedom D) Right to Life
10. The officer incharge of a Polling booth
A) Route officer B) Polling clerk
C) Presiding Officer D) Assistant. Presiding officer
1-C; 2-B; 3-D; 4-C; 5-C; 6-A; 7-A; 8-C; 9-B; 10-C.