1. 'Tsar' was the emperor of ......
A) Germany B) Russia
C) Japan D) Yugoslavia
2. The prince, who was assassinated before the First World War belonged to ......
A) Belgium B) Russia
C) Britain D) Austria-Hungary
3. Almost all the countries of Europe were involved in the First World War except ......
A) Austria B) Spain
C) Belgium D) Switzerland
4. The first ever international organisation formed after the treaty of Versailles is .......
A) IMF B) World Bank
C) League of Nations D) United Nations
5. This is not an effect of the Great Depression.........
A) poverty increased
B) fall in demand for goods
C) unemployment increased
D) foodgrains production increased
6. General Franco came to power in ......
A) Spain B) Belgium
C) Korea D) Poland
7. Eric Hobsbawm called the 20th century - The age of ......
A) Technology B) Wars
C) Moderates D) Extremes
Answers: 1-B, 2-D, 3-D, 4-C, 5-D, 6-A, 7-D.
A few important years:
1918: British Women got political rights
1945: UNO was formed
1914-18: First World War
1939-45: Second World War
1917: Russian Revolution
1919: Versailles Treaty
1929-39: The Great Depression
1905: Russo-Japanese War