Following is the model question paper of General Science Paper – 2 for Andhra Pradesh students. Paper 2 is Biology subject. The model paper is based on the CCE pattern of AP. Students can practice the question paper and test themselves. The questions may also be useful for Telangana board exams also for the p
GENERAL SCIENCE PAPER – II
Time: 2 hours 45 min. Max. Marks: 40
(i) This Question Paper contains Part- A and Part – B.
(ii) Part – A answers should be written in answer booklet and Part-B answers should be answered in the bit paper itself and attach it to the answer booklet of Part-A.
(iii) There is no overall choice. However there is internal choice to the Questions under Section- III.
(iv) All Questions are compulsory.
(v) In the time duration of 2 hrs. 45 minutes, 15 minutes of time is exclusively allotted to read and understand the Question Paper.
Also Read: 10th Biology Imp Multiple Choice Questions
PART – A
SECTION – I
i) Answer all the questions.
ii) Each question carries ONE mark.
iii) Answer each question in 1 to 2 sentences. (4 × 1 = 4 M)
1. What is the role of Acid in stomach?
2. What is edema?
3. Write any two uses of Tannins.
4. Observe and write phenotype and genotype ratios from the following matrix.
SECTION – II
Note: i) Answer all the questions.
ii) Each question carries TWO marks.
iii) Answer each question in 4 to 5 sentences. (5 × 2 = 10 M)
5. ‘When we find a dip or hole on the road we slow down the vehicle’. Draw a flow chart of this Reflex arc.
6. Imagine what happens if diaphragm is not there in the body?
7. Suggest any three programmes on prevention of soil pollution in view of avoiding pesticides?
8. If you visit a doctor what doubts would you like to get clarified about pancreas?
9. Write any two food chains from the following food relations.
SECTION – III
i) Answer all the questions.
ii) Each question carries FOUR marks.
iii) There is internal choice for each question. Only one option from each question is to be attempted.
iv) Answer each question in 8 to 10 sentences. (4 × 4 = 16 M)
10. The below experiment might have been conducted in your school. By recollecting this experiment answer the following questions:
a) Why was this plant kept in the dark room for week days before conducting experiment?
b) How KOH was kept in the wide mouthed bottle?
c) Write any one of the precaution to be taken during this experiment.
d) What are the raw materials required for the process of photosynthesis?
What do you understand about cardiac cycle? Explain.
11. Write differences between Aerobic respiration and Anaerobic respiration..
Why dialysis is applied to some persons?
Which principle is involved in dialysis?
12. How can you justify the enteric nervous system as the second brain of the gut?
Who will be responsible for sex determination in human? How do you justify? Explain with the help of a flow chart.
13. Write about the plant growth hormones and their uses.
What principles would you suggest to save environment?
Must Read: 10th Physics Important Questions and Answers
PART – B
Max.Marks:10 Time: 30 minutes
Note: (i) Answer all the questions.
(ii) Each question has FOUR choices. Choose the correct answer for each question and write the relevant alphabet [A, B, C, D] against the question number in your answer booklet.
(iii) Each question carries 1 / 2 mark. (20 × 1 / 2 = 10 M)
14. The golden yellow coloured fluid left after the blood clotting ( )
A) Plasma B) Serum C) Lipid D) Lymph
15. The animal with trachea? ( )
A) Earthworm B) Bony fish C) Butterfly D) Salamander
16. Gas that causes global warming ( )
A) Oxygen B) Hydrogen C) CO2 D) Nitrogen
17. Reverse Peristalsis occurs in the following ( )
A) Tiger B) Squirrel C) Cow D) Cat
18. Substance which is used as medicine for snake bite ( )
A) Reserpine B) Quinine C) Morphine D) Cobalamin
19. Example for Biofuel ( )
A) Coal B) Petroleum C) Jatropa D) Kerosene
20. The pH condition of saliva ( )
A) Alkaline B) Acidic C) Neutral D) All above
21. The concept of Ecological Pyramid was first proposed by ( )
A) Charles Elton B) Lamarck C) Lindeman D) Steel
22. In Latin ‘lymph’ means ( )
A) Blood B) Water C) Urine D) Plasma
23. The fusion of a sperm cell with an egg cell is ( )
A) Fragmentation B) Fermentation C) Fertilization D) Fusion
24. Brain is protected by ( )
A) Cranium B) Meninges C) A and B D) Cartilaginous Bone
25. Paleontologists deal with ( )
A) Embryological evidences B) Fossil Evidences
C) Vestigial Evidences D) All
26. First kidney transplantation was performed by ( )
A) Charles Hufnagel B) Charles Elton
C) Charles Darwin D) Mendel
27. Natural selection means ( )
A) Nature selects desirable characters B) Nature rejects undesirable characters
C) Nature does not involve in selection D) A and B
28. Sustainable development means ( )
A) Prevention of wastage B) Stable growth
C) High yielding in less time D) Development without damaging
29. The part in male reproductive system which produce sperm cells ( )
A) Vas deference B) Testes
C) Urinary bladder D) Scrotum
30. Aphids extract food material by penetrating their proboscis into ( )
A) Xylem B) Phloem C) Medulla D) Cambium
31. Mangrove trees respire with their ( )
A) Lungs B) Stomata C) Aerial roots D) Leaves
32. Major component of waste in urine is ( )
A) Urea B) Sodium C) Water D) Creatine
33. Thyroxin is responsible for ( )
A) Stimulates testes B) Metabolic activity
C) Growth of bone D) None of them
Part – B Answers: