Govt. of West Bengal has released notification of JEM - 2011, joint entrance examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Borad (WBJEEB) for admission to Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Medical, Dental and Pharmacy courses in Universities and Colleges in the state of West Bengal for the academic year 2011-12. Applications forms, information Brochure along with details available on the websites www.wbjeeb.in OR www.csc-ct.in OR www.banglarmukh.gov.in . Following are other details of the notification:
Eligibility: Applicants must have passed in HSC (10+2) with minimum 50 percent marks in Mathe, Chemistry, Physics and Biology and at least 30 percent in English. For MBBS, and BDS Courses candidates must secure 50 percent marks in Joint Entrance Examination, West Bengal. Those appearing in their last year of courses also eligible for the JEM 2011.
Following are the subjects to be appeared in JEM 2011 for admission to various courses:
1. Engineering and Technology/ B.Arch/ Dairy Technology/ agricultural Engineering/ Pharmacy: Should appear in Maths, Physics and Chemistry and need to apply form E.
2. Medical/ Dental/ Pharmacy: Should appear in Biological Sciences, Physics and Chemistry and need to fill up form M.
3. Engineering and Technology/ B.Arch/ Dairy Technology/ agricultural Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Medical/ Dental: Need to appear in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences and should apply form C.
1. Sale of Application kit from listed UBI branches: 25-11-2010 to 31-12-2010
2. Last date for receipt of request for applications by post: 15-12-2010
3. Last date for receipt of filled in applications by speed post only: 12-01-2011.