Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Mumbai is conducting CST- Competence in Software Technology Test since 1994 and the exam has been useful in many ways. Biggest advantage of the CST Examination is the use of CST score by software and IT companies to shortlist the candidates for recruitment. C-DAC, Mumbai and Electronics City, Bengaluru have started this examination. CST Exam has been described as Multipurpose exam that offers various options like education, training, employment etc. CDAC conducts CST at three levels. These are I, D, and G. G - level candidates are in great demand at the time of recruitment than other graders. Following are the some advantages of the CST of CDAC:
1. Eligible for Admission to FPGDST and FPGDIS courses conducted by CDAC.
2. Eligible for admission in reputed institutions / university courses. The list of CST accepting institutes is given below.
3. CST score will be considered at the time of Job opportunities at C-DAC centres
4. You can always improve your scores through regularly writing the exam. The candidate has to take the total examination and the best score in individual papers will be considered while providing score report.
5. CST qualified candidates are eligible for Dissertation Project fellowships at C-DAC
6. CST also helps to obtain standardised scores which can be used while applying for employment in the IT industry. You will be considered for roles such as Staff Scientists/ Member Technical Staff (MTS), Assistant Managers, Project Engineers, Visiting System/ Software Engineers and Software Trainees.
7. CST can also be used as standard score for admission to post-graduate courses of other educational institutions.
Following institutes use CST Scores for admission to various PG courses:
1. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s - BCIDS, Mumbai: PPM
2. Goa University: MCA
3. International School of Management Excellence, Bengaluru and Navi Mumbai: PGPM-IT
4. MPSTME, NMIMS, Mumbai: MCA
5. Smt. Parvatibai Chowgule College, Goa University: M.Sc. (IT)
Details of the test such as eligibility, test pattern, scoring method, application procedure and syllabus are available on cst.cdacmumbai.in