Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS) 2012 notification for the recruitment of medical officers in various central government departments. This is an excellent opportunity for MBBS graduates who have completed theory and practical training. The appointments will be done as per the rules of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Dept. of Health) in the Gazette of India. Selection of the candidates will be based on the performance in written examination and interview. Please see the links at the end for the post for previous question papers of UPSC Medical Services Exam. Following are details of posts, eligibility, previous question papers (2011, 2010 and 2009) and application procedure:
1) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer (Railways): 250 vacancies
2) Assistant Medical Officers (Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service): 66 vacancies
3) Junior Scale Posts (Central Health Services): 150 vacancies
4) Medical Officers (Municipal Corporation of Delhi): 204 vacancies
5) General Duty Medical Officers (New Delhi Municipal Council): 32 vacancies
Educational Qualification: Applicants should have passed the written and practical parts of the M.B.B.S. final year examination. Application fee is Rs. 100 and SC/ ST/ physically handicapped candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
Scheme of Examination: The CMSE will have Two parts. Part – I is a written examination and Part -II is an interview.
1) Part-I: written examination (500 marks) : Written examination will have two papers. Each Paper contains a maximum of 250 marks with a duration of 2 hours.
2) Part-II: Personality Test: (100 Marks): This is for those qualified in written examination.
Structure Written Examination:
1) Paper I: (Code No. 1) – Maximum Marks: 250
General Ability: 30 questions
General Medicine: 70 questions
Pediatrics: 20 questions
Paper II: (Code No. 2) – Maximum Marks: 250
Surgery: 40 questions
Gynecology and Obstetrics: 40 questions
Preventive and Social Medicine: 40 questions
There will be penalty / negative marking for wrong answers in objective type question papers. Interested candidates can apply online through UPSC website at www.upsconline.nic.in. CMSE will be held on 17th June 2012. Last date for the receipt of online applications through website is 23 April 2012. Following are links for old question papers of UPSC Medical Services Examination. You can download the question papers: