UGC has announced several changes in the NET examination commencing from June 2012. The UGC NET June 2012 notification has been announced for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureship. The UGC has introduced complete objective type examination in all three papers from June 2012. The latest UGC NET June 2012 notification issued by UGC has notified these changes. There will be three papers. All the question papers will be in objective type. According to these changes, following is the new examination structure:
1) Paper 1: There will be 60 questions and candidates have to attempt 50 questions. Each question carry 2 marks thus making it a total of 100 marks. Duration is 90 minutes.
2) Paper 2: There will be 50 questions in this paper. All questions are compulsory. The paper will be for 100 marks and duration is 90 minutes.
3) Paper 3: There will be 75 questions in this paper and each question carry 2 marks. Total marks for this paper is 150 and duration is 150 minutes.
The UGC has announced that the syllabus of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III will remain the same as mentioned earlier. Candidates will be allowed to take out a printout of OMR Response Sheets with them after the completion of the examination. There will be no negative marking. Interested candidates can apply online only through www.ugcnetonline.in OR www.ugc.ac.in .
1) Last date for the submission of online applications: Monday, April 30, 2012
2) Last date for receiving the documents at the test center: Monday; May 07, 2012
3) Examination Date: Sunday, June 24, 2012