ICSE schools are affiliated to Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). ICSE is considered to be more difficult curriculum at the level of higher classes. It gives importance to in-depth details of a particular topic / lesson. Hence these students can excel in academics and research oriented careers. There are 87 ICSE / ISC Schools in Andhra Pradesh out of which about 40 are situated in Hyderabad.
1. Best suitable for those interested in Under Graduate studies in UK, USA etc as ISC Certification is widely recognized on par with their local certifications. This may not apply to large number of parents as UG education in abroad is highly expensive (about $ 30000 – 40000) and financing options are very less for UG comparing with higher education.
2. Comparatively easy to crack SAT, TOEFL etc. as the curriculum gives huge importance to English Literature / Language.
3. Helps in inculcating out of the box thinking and churn out more confident children.
4. Highly recommended in a globalised world where good knowledge of English is a must for jobs from call centers to top MNCs.
5. The curriculum is perceived to be insufficient for India – centric entrance exams. Those interested in all India level entrance exams such as IIT JEE, AIEEE, AIPMT (Pre- Medical Test) have to put extra efforts on Maths and Science subjects.
6. Very difficult to score high percentage of marks as questions in the examinations can not be predicted. This will be a big disadvantage when some premier institutes and recruiters insist on past academic record for admissions and placements.
Top ICSE Schools in Hyderabad:
1. Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet
2. Aurobindo International School, Vidyanagar
3. Johnson Grammar School, Habsiguda
4. Chaitanya Vidyalaya, Lower Tank Bund, Domalguda
5. Nasr School, Khairatabad
6. Ramadevi Public School, Hayathnagar
7. St. Ann’s High School, Secunderbad
8. Niraj Public School, Ameerpet