Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU), Tamil Nadu has announced notification for admission into B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) Course for January 2012 Batch. The course will be deilvered in English and Tamil Media. The programme is offered in distance mode only. Selection of the candidates will be through B.Ed. Entrance Examination to be conducted at Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy, Vellore and Villipuram. Interested candidates can obtain application and prospectus from the Tamil Nadu Open Univrsity or its study centers mentioned below. Details of eligibility and application procedure are mentioned here:
Eligibility and Educational Qualification: Candidates must be in-service teachers with a Bachelor’s degree in Tamil/ English/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Botany/ Zoology/ History / Geography/ Computer Science OR they should have a Post Graduate degree in Economics / Commerce / Home Science. Applicants should have at least 2 years of teaching experience in Schools of any level in Tamil Nadu. Those working in Nursery/ Primary/ Secondary/ Higher Secondary/ Matriculation Schools are eligible to apply. The schools must be approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu / Government of India.
Following are study centers for B.Ed. Programme of TNOU:
1) St. Ignatius’ College of Education, Palayamkottai - 627002, Tirunelveli Dt.
2) Vellalar College of Education for Women, Tindal, Erode - 638 009.
3) Dr. N.G.P. College of Education, Kallalppatti Road, Coimbatore – 641 035.
4) Uma Maheswaranar College of Education, Karanthai Tamil Sangam, Karanthai , Thanjavur – 613 002.
5) St Christopher’s College of Education, 63, E V K Sampath Salai, Veppery, Chennai 600007.
6) Kasthuribha Gandhi College of Education, 1/220 A, Nethaji Road, Masakalipatty (PO), Namakkal – 637 401.
7) Stella Matutina College of Education, Ashok Nagar, Chennai 600083.
8. KAPI College of Education, 46, 47. Vaithialingam Street, N.G.G.O. Colony, Nagamalai, Madurai - 625 019.
9) Crescent College of Education, Somasipadi, Tiruvannamalai – 606 611.
10) Rasi College of Education, 25/1B, Sendhamangalam Pirivu Road, C.S. Puram (P.O.), Rasipuram (T.K.), Namakkal -637401.
Application Procedure: Filled in application forms along with a DD for Rs.200/- against registration fee and Rs.100/- towards postal fee drawn in favour of The Secretary, B.Ed. Entrance Examination, Tamil Nadu Open University, payable at Chennai should be sent to 'The Secretary, B.Ed. Entrance Examination, Tamil Nadu Open University, 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai - 600 015. Last date for the submission of completed application form is 19th September 2011. More details like scheme of the entrance examination, dates of the exam, results, admission counseling and fee information can be obtained from www.tnou.ac.in.