Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi has announced notification for All India Online Aptitude Test for Admission to Diploma Courses in Special Education. RCI is a statutory body under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. The RCI is and empowered body to monitor training programmes in the field of Rehabilitation and Special Education. The organisation is conducting following programmes for the academic year 2012-13 for which admission process is under progress:
1. Diploma in Education – Special Education (Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
2. Diploma in Education – Special Education (Mental Retardation)
3. Diploma in Education – Special Education (Visual Impairment)
The RCI will conduct an All India Online Aptitude Test for short listing the candidates. Applied candidates can avail the facility of Mock / Sample Online Test of 30 minutes duration before the commencement of examination. It is observed that the demand for trained special teachers has increased in the recent times considerably after the judgment by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court for appointment of special teachers in each school of NCT of Delhi.
The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), the regulatory body has also granted approval to B.Ed. Special Education and D.Ed. Special Education qualifications to be eligible for the appointment of elementary teachers in general schools. States like NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan, etc. have already started recruiting special teachers and other states may follow the same in near future. This will certainly increase the job opportunities for these candidates.
1. Release of advertisement: 24th December 2011
2. Application Form and Prospectus availability : From 30th December 2011
3. Online registration Starts: 26th December 2011
4. Close of Online Registration: 21st February 2012
5. Last date for the receipt of application: 28th February 2012
6. Examination Window : From 7th April 2012 to 30th April 2012
7. Declaration of Results: 10th May 2012.