Ramoji Academy of Film and Television (RAFT) opens admission for film and television courses for academic session 2012-13. Candidates desirous of making a career in Film and Television have a varied choice from well-designed PG diploma and diploma courses of RAFT, these courses are aimed to nurture the talent of students and prepare them for a successful and rewarding career.
Courses at RAFT: The PG diploma and Diploma courses that RAFT offers are
1) PG Diploma in Direction and Screenwriting
2) PG Diploma in Cinematography
3) Diploma in Acting (Film & Television)
4) Diploma in Editing (Film & Television)
5) Diploma in Audio Recording and Sound Design
While PG Diploma courses are of 2 years duration, diploma courses are of 1 year.
Two New Age Courses: Keeping in view of the changing dynamics of filmmaking trends and usage of technology in Television worldwide, RAFT has introduced two new age programmes for the academic year 2012. These programmes are:
1) Diploma in Digital Filmmaking: The most exciting and revolutionary thing happening to filmmaking today is digital filmmaking which is presenting amazing opportunities in terms of being low cost and user-friendly and the post-production way less cumbersome. The Digital Filmmaking course at RAFT is motivated by the changing practices in filmmaking; as it gives students an opportunity to learn digital filmmaking — the new in-thing which is showing a lot of promise.
2) Diploma in TV Production and Management: Considering the unprecedented growth of TV channels and the variety of content, today there is a huge demand for television professionals who are qualified and trained . The Diploma in TV production & Management at RAFT is set to make an impact in terms of its usefulness for the aspiring students and aims to prepare students with knowledge and expertise in TV production & Management.
Eligibility : Graduates in any discipline and students awaiting their final undergraduate (UG) examination results can apply for PG Diploma in Direction and Screenwriting, PG Diploma in Cinematography, and Diploma in TV Production & Management. And for Diploma in Acting (Film & Television) and Diploma in Digital Filmmaking — students should have passed Intermediate/Plus Two examination. For Diploma in Editing (Film and Television) and Diploma in Audio Recording and Sound Design students should have passed Intermediate / Plus Two examination and additionally should hold a computer course certificate.
1) RAFT located at Ramoji Film City the worlds largest film city in Hyderabad, the hub of bustling film and television activity is the only institute in the country that gives students an opportunity to learn filmmaking while watching it happen.
2) RAFT with its excellent regular faculty helps students learn their craft and develop their own style of film-making. The institute consistently invites prominent Film and TV personalities to conduct regular workshops.
3) At RAFT one can learn to write compelling screenplays and get exposure to the aesthetics of Cinematography. The institute also arms students with great editing skills and offers the best training in sound. Those who want to apply for acting course can learn about the method here.
4) RAFT combines in-depth theoretical classroom inputs with hands-on approach. Here students are exposed to the constant churn of production and post-production activities, as they learn invaluable skills and understanding of the Film and TV media.
5) Well-Stocked Library : RAFT has the well-stocked library with all relevant books and literature related to film studies by many national and international authors.
6) Digi Lab: The Digi Lab facility at RAFT offers computers with high-speed internet connectivity dedicated to every student’s needs.
Last Date of Applications: Last date for the submission of the filled-in application is 1st June, 2012 and the date of entrance is 20th June, 2012. Interested candidates can download the application form from the institute’s website www.raft.ramojifilmcity.com . An entrance examination will be held at various centres in India and the short-listed candidates will be called for a personal interview. And a screen test will be conducted for applicants for the Acting Programme.
List of centres for Entrance Test: Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Lucknow, Jaipur, Bhopal, Patna, Vijayawada and Vishakhapatnam. For more details, log on to www.raft.ramojifilmcity.com .