National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education (NIPER) announced notification for admission to Ph.D. in various disciplines for the year 2011-12. NIPER admits candidates for Ph.D. Program based on the combined merit obtained in the written test and interview conducted by NIPER. The NIPER has its centers at Chandigarh (SAS Nagar- Punjab), Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Hajipur, Guwahati and Rae Barelli (Uttar Pradesh). NIPER offer Doctoral research in Chemical, Biological and Pharmaceutical Science. NIPER conducts joint admissions for all its campuses. Details of disciplines offered and application procedure are given below:
Discipline of Chemical Sciences:
1. Medicinal Chemistry: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry)
2. Natural Products: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
Discipline of Biological Sciences:
1. Pharmacology and Toxicology: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Pharmacology)/ M.V.Sc./M.D.
2. Biotechnology: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Life Science)
3. Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology): Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Life Science)
Discipline of Pharmaceutical Sciences:
1. Pharmaceutics: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm
2. Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations): Eligibiilty: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have M.Pharma/ MS (Pharma)/ Masters in concerned discipline of Pharmacy or equivalent. They should have minimum 60 percent aggregate marks. Candidates also need valid valid GATE/ NET scores. Those studying their final year of qualifying degree can also apply. NIPER shall conduct and entrance exam with a duration of 2 hours. There will be two sections. Section-I will consist of questions on general pharmaceutical sciences and Section-II will contain questions on specialization in the concerned discipline.
Contact Address for details: National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), S.A.S Nagar (Mohali), Punjab - 160 062; Phone: +91-172-2214682-87 ; Website: www.niper.gov.in
Important Dates (Tentative):
1. Start of issue of Applications : April, 2011
2. Last date for submission of filled in application forms: May / June 2011
3. Date of Entrance Examination: July 2011