If you have a creative bent of mind and passion for innovation, fashion designing programmes will be right choice for you! Then you must opt for NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) to get the ins and outs of the theory and practice of fashion. NIFT is the one and only institute in India that is offering variety of courses to suit the field of fashion technology and design. You can pursue design, technology and management courses with specialization in Fashion. There are short term, full fledged and professional programmes to suit the requirements of under graduates, post graduates and professionals. NIFT has announced admission notification for the academic year 2012-13. Here we provide details of programmes, eligibility and application procedure:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is unarguably India’s most reputed and prestigious institute for specialized training in Fashion Design, Management and Technology. The institute is functioning under the aegis Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. The NIFT has state of the art centers or campuses at New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Jodhpur, Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kannur, Kolkata, Raebareli, Bhopal, Patna and Shillong. All the centers are well equipped with excellent facilities and industry collaborations. NIFT offer following UG (Under Graduate) and Post Graduate) programmes in fashion related disciplines.
1. Bachelor Programmes: (Bachelor of Design - B.Des.): Specialisations offered in this course are Accessory Design/ Fashion Design/ Leather Design/ Knitwear Design/ Fashion Communication/ Textile Design / B.F. Tech in Apparel Production
2. Masters Programmes (Master of Design - M.Des.): Specializations offered are Design / Fashion Management (MFM)/ Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech).
Selection of the candidates for all NIFT courses for the year 2012-13 will be based on aggregate performance of the candidates in Written Examination, GD and Personal Interview. There will be a Situation Test to examine the aptitude of the candidates. NIFT conducts all India level written entrance examination on 12th February 2012 to short list the candidates for further selection process.
Interested candidates can apply online through http://specialtest.in/nift2012 . Prospectus and Application Forms of NIFT can be obtained from from designated branches of Axis Bank and IDBI Bank across the country. Application fee is Rs. 250/- . Application cost by post is Rs. 350. You should pay this amount in the form of DD drawn in favour of NIFT, New Delhi payable at New Delhi. OR You can also obtain application forms will prospectus and brochure from any of the NIFT centers mentioned above. Details such as programme specific eligibility, fee particulars, sample question papers and model questions, program delivery and other information is available on www.nift.ac.in.
1. Application forms availability: From 21st November 2011 to 5th January 2012
2. Last date for submission of completed applications: 10th January 2012
3. Written Entrance Examination: 12th February 2012
4. Written Examination Result: End of March, 2012
5. Situation Test / GD / Personal Interviews: April – May, 2012
6. Final Results of Bachelor Programmes : End of May, 2012;
7. Final Results of Master Programmes : 1st week of June, 2012