Idea of going to Nano Science is wise and good since it will have great applications in the coming decades. But you must do it in premier institutes and should go up to Ph.D. Do not expect any job after PG with Nano science OR Nanotechnology. Once you complete Ph.D., opportunities are so many in both industries and academia. Nano Science and Technology Courses are more and more research oriented in nature. Candidates those interested in to reach higher levels of the discipline and career in this field should opt for Ph.D. and Post Doctoral courses. There are good education opportunities in United Kingdom, Germany, USA and Australia for this area. The following institutes are having Nanotech training facilities in India.
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore;
2. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore;
3. National Physical Laboratory, Delhi;
4. Solid State Physics Laboratory, Delhi;
5. National Chemical Laboratory, Pune;
6. Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh;
7. Defence Materials Store Research & Development Organizations, kanpur
8. Indian Institutes of Technology at Kanpur, Chennai, Guwahati, Delhi and Mumbai.
9. Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
10. National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Maharashtra.
11. AMITY Institute of Nano Science, Noida.
Clearing CSIR – UGC Test or other equivalent examinations conducted by DBT and ICMR will help joining in any of the reputed institutes. You will also get a fair amount of scholarship along with HRA to facilitate your expenses for research. All that you need is a long term vision and patience to excel in the field. Nano Sciences, for that matter any science courses may not provide you an instant job immediately after completing your post graduation. Once you got into the research field, the opportunities such as project associates, scientists, etc will be cake walk.