Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar), Orissa issued notification for admission to Ph.D. Programs for the year 2011-12. The Doctoral programs are offered in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Social Science for regular full-time scholars with Institute fellowship and also for research scholars sponsored / employed in industry or orgainsation having R and D facilities. Details of courses, eligibility and application procedure is given below:
1. School of Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
2. School of Earth, Ocean and Climate Sciences
3. School of Electrical Sciences (Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering):
4. School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
5. School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering)
6. School of Mechanical Sciences (Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)
1. Ph.D. (Engineering): Candidates should have 60 percent marks or 6.75 CGPA in M. Tech/ M.E. OR should have B.Tech/ B.E with 70 percent marks or 7.5 CGPA with valid GATE Score. They need good academic record.
2. Ph.D. (Science): Applicants should have first class in M.Sc. / M.Tech with good academic record. They also need valid GATE/ NET CSIR/ UGC score.
3. Ph.D. (HSS - Humanities and Social Sciences): Applicants need 55 percent marks in Master degree with UGC / NET score OR they must have M. Phil degree.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can download application form from www.iitbbs.ac.in. Filled in forms should be sent to Assistant Registrar (A and E), IIT Bhubaneswar, Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar, Orissa – 751013'. Application should be enclosed with a DD for Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of 'IIT Bhubaneswar' payable at Bhubaneswar. Last date for receipt of filled in applications for Autumn 2011-12 is 20th October 2011.