Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) issued Admission Notification for January 2011 and July 2011 Sessions for Ph.D., M.Phil. Masters, Bachelors, Post Graduate Diploma, Diplomas and PG Certificate courses in various disciplines and subjects. IGNOU is the world’s largest open university and offering more than 120 courses in distance mode of education. It has collaborations with number international, national and regional industry and academic institutions. Following are the IGNOU programmes for January – July 2011 Sessions:
Doctor of Philosophy in History, Commerce, Tourism Studies, Education, Economics, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Nursing, Hindi, Mathematics, Child Development, Physics, English, Management, Political Science., Social Work, Women’s Studies, Public Admnistration, Rural Development, Food and Nutrition, Distance Education, Gender and Development Studies, Sri Aurobindo Studies and Agriculture Extension (English Only).
M.Phil Programme: Sri Aurbindo Studies only.
1. Master of Arts in Political Science, English, Rural Development, Hindi, Distance Education, Economics, Education, Public Administration, Public Policy, Sociology, Commerce, Social Work, Computer Applications, History, Library and Information Science. Tourism Management, Sri Aurobindo Studies, Master of Commerce (M.Com in Finance and Taxation), Master of Business Administration (through OPENMAT Entrance Test), MBA in Banking and Finance, Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management. M.Sc. in Hospitality Administration.;
2. Mathematics with Application in Computer Science (offered in January session only)
3. M.A in Mass Communication (Offered in July Session Only)
4. MBA in Corporate Governance
Bachelor Degree Programmes:
1. B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., Social work, Computer Applications, Library and information Science, Tourism Studies, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising and Production, Textile Design, B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration., Bachelor of Science (Nautical Science – through Entrance Test), Bachelor of Education (through Entrance Test), Bachelor of Commerce (A and F), Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP).
2. B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic), B.Tech Civil (Construction Management) and B.Tech Civil (Water Resource Engineering), B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) (offered in January session only)
3. B.Sc. (Hons): Optometry and Ophthalmic Techniques and B.A. in International Hospitality Administration (offered in July session only)
Post Graduate Diplomas:
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking, Intellectual Property Rights, Rural Development, Higher Education, Radio Prasaran, Translation, Journalism and Mass Communication, International Business Operation, Distance Education, Audio Programme Production, Disaster Management, Environment and Sustainable Development, School leadership and Management, Participatory Management of Displacement, Social Work, Studies in Indian Culture, Integral Education, P.G.Diploma in Management, Financial Management, Resettlement and Rehabilitation, Human Resource Management, Operation Management, Plantation Management (offered only in cochin region), Marketing Management, Acupuncture (online).
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cardiology, Maternal & Child Health, Folklore & Culture Studies, Adult Education (offered in July session only),
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management, Pharmaceutical Sales Management, Counselling, Geriatric Medicine, Family Therapy and Mediation ( Offered in January Session Only)
Apart from these, there are certificate and advanced diploma courses. Application for admission to the Ph.D Programme may be submitted on the prescribed form at any time during the year. Application received by September 30 and March 31, will be considered for admission to the January and July sessions respectively. Details of programme wise eligibility, application procedure and fee particulars for various programmes available on www.ignou.ac.in . You can download application forms also from the website.
1. Receipt of applications: 1st June to 30th November for January Session
2. Receipt of applications for July Session: 1st December to 30th April (With late fee of Rs. 200 – 1st May to 31st May)