Skip to content

ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships for Social Sciences 2012-13

Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi is offering Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowships for the academic year 2012 - 13. Duration of fellowship is two years and will be extended for a period of one more year. Applicants should have Post Graduation in any Social Science disciplines with minimum 55 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized university. An amount of Rs. 16,000 per month.will be given as fellowship for regular Ph.D. scholars.

Fellowships are offered in the disciplines of Sociology and Social Anthropology, Economics and allied subjects, Commerce and Management, International Studies, Political Science/Pub. Admn. And allied subjects, Social Geography and Population Studies, Social Psychology and allied subjects, Social Linguistics / Socio-Cultural and allied subjects, Law, international Law and allied subjects, Education and allied subjects, National Security and Strategic Studies.

The application duly completed in all respects and should be sent along with self attested copies of certificates for proof of age, qualification and caste certificates and 2 photographs to Deputy Director (Research Fellowships Doctoral), Indian Council of Social Science Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU Institutional Area, New Delhi - 110 067. No last date for the submission of application form. For any information see website : .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 thoughts on “ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships for Social Sciences 2012-13

    1. admin

      Dear Jyothi Sharma,
      Yes, you can apply for ICSSR fellowship. But make sure that your research topic comes under the purview of thrust areas identified by ICSSR. Also write a good research proposal which includes hypothesis, research methodology, review of literature, sources of information etc.
      All the best!

  1. Dr Deepali

    Hello sir, I have done my master's in Veterinary Public Health and now got selected for PhD in Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology. Sir, I am second in university in perticular decipline in masters. I do not get any fellowship at present to pursue my PhD so, can I get any fellowship/ scholarship ?

    1. admin

      ICSSR is meant for social science research. You can try fellowships offered by private trusts and NGOs working in the field of Public Health and related disciplines.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *