Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU), Gandhinagar issued notification for admission to Masters and Doctoral Programs in Forensic Science and Forensic Pharmacy for the academic year 2011-12. GFSU is a dedicated university for forensic science related courses and research. Following are details of courses and application procedure:
1. M.Sc. Forensic Science: Specialisations available in the areas of Fiorensic Biotechnology / Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology / Forensic Physical Sciences/ Questioned Document and Fingerprints / Forensic Information Technology. Eligibility: Applicants should have Bachelors degree in any discipline of Science / Medicine/ Engineering/ Pharmacy with minimum 55 percent marks. Application cost is Rs. 500.
2. Certificate Diploma in Cyber Security (Online COurse): Eligibility: Bachelors Degree with at least 50 percent marks with basic computer knowledge. Cost of application is Rs. 1000
3. Masters in Forensic Pharmacy: 2 year course; Eligibility: Canidates should have B.Pharm with minimum 55 percent marks. GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates will be preferred.
4. Masters in Forensic Nano Technology: 2 years; Eligibility: Applicants should have Bachelors degree in Science / Medicine/ Engineering/ Pharmacy with at least 55 percent marks. Cost of application is Rs. 1000.
5. Ph.D. Programs: Specialisation / Disciplines of Forensic Science/ Behavioural Science / Criminology and other allied areas. Form cost is Rs. 500. Eligibility: Candidates from all disciplines can apply.
Application forms, application procedure, selection procedure and fee details available on www.gfsu.edu.in . Last date for the receipt of filled in applications is 20th June 2011.