The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2011) notification has been announced for admission to LL.B. and LL.M. courses. This is an all India entrance examination conducted by 11 National Law Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes (LL.B and LL.M). Pattern of CLAT 2011 for LL.M. and LL.B. are different. These details are given below. You can also get complete details from www.clat.ac.in . Following are the participating Law Universities in CLAT 2011:
1. NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR).
2. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
3. National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU).
4. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS).
5. National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU).
6. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU).
7. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS).
8. National Law University, Jodhpur (NLU).
9. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU).
10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
11. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL).
Eligibility for UG Programmes: Applicants should have passed in Intermediate / 10+2/ Higher Secondary exam with minimum 50 percent marks. Some universities offer 5 year integrated BA /B.Sc/B Psc/ BBA / B.Com. LL.B (Hons) Degree Course. Those appearing for final year exams also eligible. Pattern of CLAT for LL.B. is different from LL.M. pattern. LL.B. paper consist of 200 questions for 200 marks with 2 hours duration. Question paper contains following sections:
1. English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
2. General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 Marks
3. Mathematics: 20 Marks
4. Logical Reasoning: 45 Marks
5. Legal Aptitude/ Legal Awareness: 45 Marks
Eligibility and pattern of LL.M.: Applicants should have passed in LL.B./ B.L. with at least 55 percent marks. Those appearing in final year exam also eligible. CLAT for PG courses contains Objective and essay papers. Total exam is for 200 marks. Duration is 2 hours. There will be 100 objective type questions with one mark for each question. There will be 2 essay type questions with 50 marks for each question.
CLAT 2011 application forms are available in all main post offices in India and also at all NLUs. Application cost is Rs. 150. You can also obtain applications from 'Convenor, Common Law Admission Test, CLAT-2011, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Dr. Ambedkar Bhawan, 12, L.B. Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 098' through sending a DD / PO/ BC in favour of 'WBNUJS-CLAT A/C' for Rs. 200 and payable at Kolkata. Filled in forms along with DD / PO/ Bankers Cheque for Rs. 2500 drawn in favour of 'WBNUJS-CLAT A/C' and payable at Kolkata should reach 'The Convenor, Common Law Admission Test, CLAT-2011, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, Dr. Ambedkar Bhawan, 12 L.B. Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata -700 098'. Last date for receipt of applications is 2nd April 2011.
Important dates for CLAT – 2011:
1. Issue of application forms from all CLAT -2011 participating universities and specified branches of Indian Post Offices: From 11th January, 2011
2. Last Date for submission of filled-in entrance examination application forms: 2 April 2011
3. Issue of Hall Tickets: From 12 April, 2011
4. Date of Admissions test for UG/ PG: 15 May 2011
5. Publication of result – 28 May 2011
6. Last date of confirmation of interest in admission: To be notified later
7. Completion of admission process – 28 June, 2011
8. Commencement of classes – 1 July, 2011
Contact Phone numbers: (033) 23350534/ 23357379/ 23350765. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org