I am studying BSc (Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotech). I want to do M.Sc. Bio Informatics. Please inform me about institutes and jobs for this course?
- M B Santosh, Haryana
Bioinformatics is application field of biotechnology. One should be strong in computer science to build a career in this subject. You can also move to this stream from any biological sciences but the subject is more towards computer science than biology.
Below address of some Institutes are mentioned for your information.
1. Amity Insitute of Biotechnology (B.Tech Bioinformatics)
2. Tamil Nadu Agricultrual University (B.Tech Bioinformatics)
3. Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Himachal Pradesh (B.Tech Bioinformatics)
4. Vellore Institute of Technology (B.Tech Bioinformatics)
5. SASTRA (Deemed University), Thanjavur (B.Tech. Bioinformatics)
5. Pune University (M.Sc Bioinformatics)
7. Jamia Millia Islamia University (M.Sc. in Bio-Informatics – Self-financing)
8. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (B.Tech Bioinformatics)
9. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (M.Sc. in Bio – Informatics)
10. Madras University- M.Sc. in Bio-Informatics
11. Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) at Allahabad (M Tech –Bioinformatics)
12. International Institute of Information Technology at Hyderabad (M Tech Bioinformatics
13. Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bangalore – Post Graduate programme in Bioinformatics
14. University of Hyderabad (MTech in Bioinformatics)
15. University of Allahabad (M.Sc in Bioinformatics)