Following is the Senior Intermediate Physics Model Paper 2 for the benefit of Inter students of Andhra Pradesh. The question paper is in English Version. Duration is 3 hours and maximum marks are 60.
SECTION - A 10 × 2 = 20M
Note: i) Answer all the questions.
ii) Every correct answer carries 2 marks.
iii) All are very short answer type questions.
1. The head lights of a distant car do not produce interference pattern. Why?
2. How does the spacing between fringes in Young's double slit experiment change if (a) the slit separation is increased and b) the colour of light is changed from red to blue.
3. Two magnetic poles of strength 40 Am and 10 Am are separated by a distance of 20 cm in air. Find the force between them.
4. Define Electron Volt and name the physical quantity for which it is a unit.
5. What is shunt resistance? Mention its use.
6. What type of transformer is used in a bed lamp? What is the phenomenon involved in the working of a transformer?
7. What is Mosley's Law? What is its importance?
8. A radio active sample contains 'n' atoms. Find the number of atoms undecayed after five half lives.
9. State two uses of Radio Isotopes.
10. Define modulation. Why is it necessary?
SECTION - B (6 × 4 = 24 M)
Note: i) Answer any six of the following questions.
ii) Each question carries 4 marks. iii) All are short answer type questions.
11. Describe the construction and working of an Optical Fibre. State its two uses.
12. Derive an expression for the couple acting on a bar magnet placed in a uniform magnetic induction field.
13. Define intensity of electric field →E and potential difference V. Derive the relationship between them.
14. Describe an experiment for the determination of unknown resistance of a wire with meter bridge.
15. Applying the Kirchhoff's laws to Wheatstones Bridge and derive the condition of a Wheatstone Bridge.
16. Write a short notes on the working of a theremopile.
17. State the laws of Photoelectric effect.
18. Distinguish between Nuclear Fission and Nuclear Fusion.
SECTION - C (2 X 8 =16 M)
Note: i) Answer any two of the following questions.
ii) Every question carries 8 marks.
iii) All are long answer type questions.
19. Explain the formation of stationary waves in stretched strings and hence deduce the laws of transverse waves in stretched strings. A wire length of 1 m and mass 20 g is stretched with a force of 800 N. Find its fundamental frequency.
20. Describe a tangent galvanometer with its necessary theory. Compare it with a moving coil galvanometer.
21. What is rectification? Explain the working of a full wave rectifier with a neat diagram. How it is advantageous over a half-wave rectifier?