Alagappa University, Karaikudi is inviting applications in the prescribed format for admission to Ph.D in full time and part time mode for the academic year 2012-13. Alagappa University is a State University of Tamil Nadu and also recognized by UGC. Admission to Ph.D course will be through Pre-Registration Qualifying Entrance Examination. Candidates who have qualified in NET / SET / GATE examinations in the concerned subject may be exempted from entrance examination. Vacancies are available in the following disciplines.
1. Arts: English, Tamil, Women’s Studies, Economics, Rural Development, History and Political Science.
2. Sciences: Nano Science and Technology, Computer Science, Library and Information Science, Zoology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bio-electronics and Bio sensors, Bioinformatics, Home Science, Animal Health and Management, Marine Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Molecular Biology and Geology.
3. Management :Corporate Secretaryship, Management, Bank Management, Commerce and International Business.
4. Education : Education and Physical Education.
Eligibility: Candidate with minimum 55 percent marks in P.G. in the concerned subject are eligible to apply. M.Ed. qualification is essential for admission to Ph.D. in Education.
Application form can be downloaded from the University website at www.alagappauniversity.ac.in. Filled in application forms along with a fee of Rs.500 to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of the Registrar, Alagappa University payable at Karaikudi should be sent so as to reach on or before 31st July 2012. For more details visit University website or contact Research Section Ph. No : 04565 – 228100 – Extn.455.
1) Last date for the submission of application form is on 31st July, 2012
2) Written Test: 12th August, 2012 from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
3) Interview date is on 12th August, 2012 in the Concerned Department.