There are various important issues to be taken into consideration while choosing a subject in graduation. As most of the graduation students head for further studies in future, definitely their interest in the subject should be most preferred during the subject selection. Subject should be chosen based on the following criteria.
1. The faculty in the respective institute they are (students) taking admission matters a lot for building the student’s background and their future, therefore, the faculty quality for a particular subject is an essential issue for selecting a particular course.
2. Later comes the future prospect for a subject, but frankly speaking it doesn’t matter much as it keeps on changing from time to time based on the industrial demand. There are so many examples where people reached the summit of success and established themselves with a generally considered dead subject. All subjects are having their own significance and importance and impact on our socio-economical conditions, the only thing matters how we understand that and apply for social growth. Being the best competent person in a particular subject definitely pays off.
3. The future scope of the subjects as per as job and opportunity is concerned.
4. Student’s confidence and capability to understand and handle the subject. If someone is weak in numerical and wants a better career in maths, it is not impossible but the student should be ready to put maximum effort in this regard.
5. The socio-economical background of the student is an issue which cannot be ignored. Even in this case also, there are several examples where the person faced all the socio-economical challenges and established themselves in a better manner in comparison to so many students who are having a better socio-economic background. In practical, as the competition is increasing almost in a daily basis, the student must think his/her social and economical conditions and choose the subject with proper planning.
6. Reaching late to the finishing point is better than not able to reach it at all. Choosing subject or stream wisely with long term future planning is important even if you lose some time in between will not affect much at the end.