you can also buy access to this test from our Mock Tests Store
The number of Indians migrating abroad for studies is increasing year by year. Most of the students opt to get a post graduate degree abroad while some opt for an undergraduate degree. Students are much inclined towards education abroad is because of the infrastructure, research and job opportunities after graduation. In 2021, there were over one million students who have gone out of the country for studies.
Applying for universities and getting a visa can be a long and an intimidating process. Students are advised to start the process of applying to universities at least six months before the start of the program. Below are the requirements to apply for Master’s from universities in the United States of America:
- Bachelors degree: Firstly, students need to have a valid Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Students have to check the minimum CGPA or percentage required to apply to a particular university. Students are required to have official transcripts with mention of all the courses studies in the degree.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) – GRE is an aptitude test which is valid in the USA for all Master’s courses. Some universities require the scores but some do not. Students are highly recommended to give an attempt as all the universities do consider them even if it is not mandatory. Students can visit the official websites of universities for minimum score requirements and can apply accordingly.
- English Language Proficiency – Students can write either IELTS or TOEFL as most of the universities accept either of them. These are the tests given to prove your English proficiency in the fields of writing, reading, listening and speaking.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) – This is an essay which explains why you want to study the course you are choosing and why it is the right university for you. You can mention your academic and extra-curricular achievements and also about work experience if you have any.
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR) – These are the letters which are written by the faculty under which you have done your Bachelor’s degree. These are required to be sent by them directly to the universities you are applying to.
- Resume – Create a Resume mentioning all your achievements and accomplishments in maximum of two pages.
After getting all of the above documents ready make a list of the universities and courses you are eligible for and fill the application forms on their respective websites. Send the documents when asked and wait for the decisions.
After accepting a University offer of your choice, get your i20 and apply for Student/F-1 Visa. Also apply for education loan prior to your visa interview if you plan to take a loan for you education abroad. Once your visa is approved, you can book a flight ticket and get ready to take off!