Following are the details of GATE 2016 Cut Offs / Last ranks for various branches of engineering. Candidates who have secured the cut offs will be considered as qualified in the examination. Those qualified in GATE will be eligible for M.Tech / ME courses in respective branches of engineering with MHRD fellowships.
GATE 2016 cut offs for OC, BC, SC, ST an PwD candidates are given below. Cut offs for ECE, CSE, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Civil Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Production Engineering.
1) Electronics and Communication Engineering : 25 (General) - 22.5 (OBC - 16.6 (SC, ST and PwD)
2) Computer Science and Engineering: 25 (General) - 22.5 (OBC - 16.6 (SC, ST and PwD)
3) Mechanical Engineering: 29.6 (General) - 26.6 (OBC - 19.7 (SC, ST and PwD)
4) Electrical and Telecommunications: 25.1 (General) - 22.5 (OBC - 16.6 (SC, ST and PwD)
5) Civil Engineering: 22.5 (General) - 22.5 (OBC - 16.6 (SC, ST and PwD)
6) Instrumentation Engineering: 31.6 (General) - 28.4 (OBC - 21 (SC, ST and PwD)
7) Production Engineering: 26 (General) - 23.7 (OBC - 17.5 (SC, ST and PwD)
Candidates have to secure minimum cut off marks in respective branches to participate in the admissions conducted by IITs and various other colleges.