XLRI (Xaviers Labour Relations Institute), Jamshedpur is one of the highly reputed B-Schools in India. Founded in 1949 by Fr Quinn Enright, S.J. in the Steel City of Jamshedpur, the XLRI has got reputation across the states and globe for the quality and standards of education, training and research activities. The XLRI has an excellent brand name contributed by its world class infrastructure, quality of faculty, curriculum, placements etc. XLRI follows its own admission process for various programmes at Graduation, Post Graduation and Doctoral levels. XLRI also offer various programmes for working executives. Following are details of XLRI admission process, selection procedure and stages of screening the candidates for various programmes. XAT 2011 Cut Offs / Cut Off Percentiles are also provided below:
1) Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT): This is the first and foremost test you need to qualify to get into Management programmes offered at XLRI. You can register for XAT online through XLRI website at www.xlri.net.in OR www.xlri.ac.in . There are several other institutions which admit students based on XAT scores.
2) Application to XLRI: The official application form to apply for XLRI is available only online at www.xlri.net.in. NRI /PIO/ Foreign candidates with valid GMAT scores also should register online for applying to XLRI.
3) Selection Criteria of XLRI: The institute offer about 11 programmes for various students and professionals. Interested candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes. Those applied for multiple programmes will be called for multiple interviews and / or group discussions. The selection criteria for various programmes is different depending on the nature of the programme. XAT written test will consist of multiple components and candidates have to maximize their performance in each of the section.
4) XLRI also take into account the student's academic performance in academic ability and also the relevant work experience. Besides performance in the written test, personal interviews (and / or group discussions), XLRI also consider XAT scores, relevant work experience, extra curricular activities etc while preparing the final merit list.
XLRI Cut Offs:
XAT exam of XLRI had three sections. These are 1) Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning (VA), 2) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA) and 3) Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making Ability (AR). XAT cut offs vary for different programmes. The approximate XAT scores / percentiles cut offs for two important programmes is given below:
1) For Human Resource Management Programme (HRM), about 650 applicants having more than 92.60 percentile in VA, 80.36 percentile in QA, 84.36 percentile in RA, and overall 95.03 percentile have been shortlisted for further stages, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
2) For Business Management Programme (BM), about 550 applicants having more than 90.13 percentile in VA, 91.31 percentile in QA, 90.01 percentile in RA, and overall 98.02 percentile have been shortlisted for Personal Interview.
The complete list of short-listed candidates for the personal interview and those subsequently succeed for admission to XLRI will be displayed at www.xlri.net.in and www.xlri.ac.in .