Visva Bharati, Santiniketan, a central university and an institution of national importance issued Admission Notification for various Graduate, Post Graduate, Research and Diploma courses for the academic year 2011-12. Candidates can apply through online at www.visva-bharati.ac.in or offline methods. Application fee is Rs. 400. Following are details of application forms, courses and other relevant information.
Bhasha – Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature and Culture):
1. Two year M.A. Courses: Sanskrit; English; Hindi; Bengali; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Oriya; Persian; Japanese; Chinese; Functional Hindi (Translation).
2. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses: Bengali; English; Sanskrit; Oriya; Persian; Hindi; Japanese; Santali; Tibetan; Functional Hindi (Vocational).
3. Four year B.A. (Honours) Courses: Tibetan; Chinese; Persian; Japanese.
Vidya – Bhavana (Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences):
1. Two year M. A. Courses: Comparative Religion; Philosophy; Economics; Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology; History; Mathematics; Geography; Journalism and Mass Communication and Anthropology.
2. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses: Comparative Religion; Economics; Philosophy; Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology; Geography; History; Mathematics.
Siksha – Bhavana (Institute of Science):
1. Two year M. Sc. Courses: Mathematics; Environmental Science; Zoology; Physics; Chemistry; Botany; Statistics; Computer Science and Biotechnology.
2. Three year B. Sc.(Honours) Courses: Chemistry; Physics; Zoology; Statistics; Botany; Mathematics; Computer Science.
3. Five-Year Integrated M Sc Course: Physical Science
Courses Offered by Following Institutes / Schools:
1. Institute of Music, Dance and Drama (Sangit – Bhavana)
2. Institute of Fine Arts (Kala – Bhavana)
3. Institute of Rural Reconstruction (Palli – Samgathana Vibhaga)
4. Institute of Agriculture (Palli – Siksha Bhavana)
5. Vinaya – Bhavana (Institute of Education)
Application fee is Rs.400/- for General and OBC candidates and Rs.140/- for SC/ST candidates. Fee should be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of ‘The Registrar, Visva-Bharati’ payable on ‘State Bank of India’ at Santiniketan Branch.
1. Issue of Application Form: April 16, 2011
2. Deadline for Submission of Application Form: May 10, 2011
3. Date of Admission Test: May 29, 2011