Recruitment for the most coveted positions of Indian Engineering Services (IES) is done through Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through a combined competitive examination known as Engineering Services Examination (ESE). The recruitment is done as per vacancies requirement which UPSC receives from various departments before the notification of the exam. Indian Engineering Services is considered as one of the best career options for B.Tech / BE Graduates. Recruitment is done in the following branches of engineering viz:
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Engineering Services Examination (ESE) Eligibility
1. Minimum Age : 21 year on 1st August of respective year.
2. Maximum Age : General – 30 years, OBC – 33 years, SC/ST – 35 years
1. Engineering Degree from recognized university
2. Passed Section A & B of AMIE from Institution of Engineers
3. Passed Graduate Membership Exam of the Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers of India & London.
4. Passed Associate Membership Exam Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
5. M.Sc. Degree with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering.
ESE Exam structure consists of objective and descriptive type question papers. Total written exam will be for 1000 marks and interview carries 200 marks. Candidates need long term preparation plan to succeed in this exam. Thorough understanding of core subject is highly recommended.