Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune is inviting applications for Integrated M.Sc. and M.Tech in Biotechnology. Interested candidates have to apply online only through http://www.unipune.ac.in/IBB_admissions/default.asp . University of Pune is a reputed University with highly qualified faculty, best facilities and modern laboratories. The Department of Biotechnology has been regarded one of the bests in country. Total seats are 30. Following are details of courses, eligibility and application procedure:
1. Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology: Duration : 5 years; Course fee is Rs 56,600 per year.
2. Integrated M. Tech Biotechnology Programme : Duration: 6 years. (Additional 1yr after M.Sc. Biotechnology); Course fee is Rs. 81,600 per year.
Eligibility: Applicants should have passed in 10+2 level Science examination with minimum 60 percent (55 percent for SC/ ST candidates). Application fee is Rs. 1000/- for Open Category and outside Maharashtra candidates. Rs. 600/- for Reserved Category candidates (only those from Maharashtra).
Selection will be based on All India entrance Examination. The Question paper consist of two parts. These are:
1. Paper I: There will be 50 multiple choice questions on General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude and Intelligence. Duration is 60 minutes.
2. Paper II: There will be 100 multiple choice questions on the syllabus of 10+2 course of Maharashtra State Board (HSC) in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Duration is 120 minutes.
1. Close of online application: 31 May 2011
2. Last date for submission of application form: 5th June 2011
3. Date of Entrance Test: 12th June 2011
4. Declaration of Result: 25th June 2011