University of Hyderabad, popular as HCU has issued admission notification for the year 2012-2013. The HCU is ranked no.1 university in India by various reputed academic and industry surveys. The Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh is known for good standards of teaching and research in all the disciplines offered at the institute. The central university offer Integrated PG, Post Graduate and Research Courses (M.Phil. and Ph.D. ) and Advanced Diploma and professional programmes in Arts, Sciences, Humanities, Management, Computer Applications and Social Sciences. The University conducts All India level entrance examinations for admission to most of the courses. HCU also offer various job oriented programmes under distance education mode. Following are details of courses at HCU and appliation procedure:
1. 5-year Integrated M.A. / M.Sc. Courses (10 Semesters or 5 years): Mathematical Sciences / Physics / Chemical Sciences / Systems Biology/ Optometry and Vision Science / Nursing Sciences / Health Psychology / Humanities / Languages (Hindi, Telugu and Urdu, Language Science) / Social Sciences.
2. Postgraduate Courses: M.Sc. in Mathematics / Statistics-OR / Physics / Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Applied Mathematics/ Plant Biology and Biotechnology / Molecular Microbiology / Animal Biotechnology / Biotechnology.
M.A. in Political Science, Economics, Sociology, English, Hindi, Applied Linguistics, History, Anthropology, Functional Hindi (Translation), Telugu, Urdu, Philosophy, Communication (Radio and Video production, M.P.A. Dance - Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam, and Folk; Print and New Media, Communication Studies, and Advertising and Public Relations.) , M.F.A. (4 semesters) (Painting, Print Making and Sculpture), M.P.A. Theatre Arts (6 semesters).
3. Professional Courses: M.C.A (6 semesters) / M.B.A. (4 semesters)/ M.B.A. Health Care and Hospital Management (4 semesters).
4. M.Tech. Courses: Computer Science / Computational Techniques / Artificial Intelligence / Information Technology.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can obtain application forms from University Campus at Gachibowli, Hyderabad by hand or post. You can also download applications along with information brochure / prospectus from university website at www.uohyd.ernet.in . Details of Eligibility for various courses, Entrance Test pattern and contacts also available on the above website. Application cost for General / OBC candidates is Rs. 400. For others Rs. 150.
Important Dates (Tentative):
1. Downloading of Prospectus and Application forms from the University website www.uohyd.ac.in: 04-04- 2012 to 04-05-2012
2. Sale of Prospectus and Application forms : 04-04- 2012 to 04-05-2012.
3. Last date for the receipt of filled in application forms: 04-05-2012
5. Downloading of Hall Tickets from UOH website: From 21 May 2012.
6. Dates of Entrance Exams: 01 June 2012 to 07 June 2012.
7. Results of HCU Entrance Exams: June 2012.
Contact for any admission related inquiries: 040- 2313 2103, 2313 2102. Application forms and hall tickets can also be downloaded from schools9.com, manabadi.com and indiaresults.com .