Q. What precautions will you take to keep away from various sexually transmitted diseases?
A. 1. Adhering to moral values.
2. Leading an orderly disciplined life.
3. Practicing abstinence till marriage.
4. Using disposable syringes or sterilized needles.
5. Avoiding alcohol and smoking.
Q. Imagine what happens if salivary ducts are closed?
A. 1. If salivary ducts are closed saliva is not
released into the mouth.
2. Food will not get moistened and taste is not identified.
3. Food will not be masticated properly.
4. Digestion of starch will not be completed.
5. Movement of bolus in oesophagus will be difficult.
Q. With the help of the given information write your comments on evidences of evolution. "Mammals have fore limbs as do birds, reptiles and amphibians. The basic structure of the limbs is similar, though it has been modified to perform different functions".
A. 1. The given information that "Mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians all these have fore limbs which have similar basic structure" gives the evidences of evolution.
2. They are modified to perform different functions.
3. These organs are called homologous organs.
4. It indicates that all the vertebral have evolved from a common ancestor.
5. This type of evolution is called divergent evolution.
Q. Mendel selected a pea plant for his experiment. Mention the reasons in your point of view.
A. 1. Pea is an annual plant.
2. It has well defined characters.
3. It has bisexual flowers,
4. Predominantly self-fertilization.
5. Early hybridization.
Q. Prepare slogans to promote awareness in your classmates about ecofriendly activities.
A. 1. If we protect environment, it protects us.
2. Keep the environment clean, live happily.
3. Do not spoil the environment and do not spoil yourself.
4. Beautiful environment − Beautiful future generation.
5. Live and let live.
Q. Classify the given organisms basing on the type of reproduction.
Man, Flat worm, Mold, Dog, Bacteria, Frog, Fern, Datura, Hen, Yeast.
A. Sexually reproducing organisms : Man, Dog, Frog, Datura, Hen.
Asexually reproducing organisms : Flat worm, Mold, Bacteria, Fern, Yeast.
Q. Prepare a flow chart to explain the process of sexual reproduction in plants.
Q. What differences will you find between Aerobic respiration and Anaerobic respiration.