Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the mose popular board in India and its system of education is widely accepted across the country. These schools are spread across India and Andhra Pradesh (AP) as well. Hyderabad has more than 100 CBSE Schools located in various parts of the city.
CBSE: Advantages and Disadvantages
1. Highly recommended if the student is interested in Engineering and Medicine careers.
2. Biggest advantage is the availability of CBSE schools across the country.
3. Curriculum and Materials are designed and written by eminent educationists and most experienced in the field. Content affiliation with NCERT is the biggest advantage for these schools. The material is highly recommended for prestigious exams like Civil Services.
4. Students can score higher percentages as the Board discloses weightage of marks to be allotted for various topics and units in the examinations.
5. Most of the CBSE schools are well networked and focus on inter-school sports and other extra curricular activities are relatively good.
6. International focus in the curriculum is less at the moment.
7. Rote learning is still in practice in these schools. The highly structured syllabus and rotten teaching methods usually does not allow students to think beyond the text book.
Some famous CBSE Schools in Hyderabad:
1. Kendriya Vidyalayas; Picket, Uppal, Golkonda, Gachibowli, Bowenpally, Tirumalgiri, Kanchanbagh, Ghatkesar, Bollarum etc.
2. Howard Public School, Himayatnagar
3. Delhi Public School, Secunderabad
4. Sarathi School. Habsiguda
5. St. Andrew’s School, Bowenpally
6. Meridian Schools
7. DAV Public Schools
8. Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Begumpet
9. Hyderabad Public School, Ramanthapur
10. Bhartiya Vidya Bhavans Public School , Jubilee Hills
11. Obul Reddy Public School, Jubilee Hills