Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai (Maharashtra) has announced notification for admission into Dual Degree Programmes for the academic year 2011-12. TISS is the premier institute for education, training and research in Social Sciences, Social work and other allied disciplines such as education, management etc. The institute is one of the oldest deemed universities in the country. TISS is also known for providing good on campus and off campus placements for its students. Following are details of Dual Degree programmes for the year 2011-12:
1) Dual Degree in Management of Voluntary Organizations: 15 seats; Duration is one year / 2 semesters. Qualification: Candidates should have a PG degree in Social work. Applicants with a Post Graduate degree in any related discipline along with three years experience in social development sector also will be considered. Candidates with an MA degree from TISS in the past two academic years can also apply.
2) Dual Degree in Social Work and Mental Health: 15 seats; Duration is one year / two semesters. Qualification: Applicants should have an M.A. in Social Work along with specialization in Medical and Psychiatric Social. The degree should have been obtained from TISS or any other reputed Institute along with at least 2years relevant work experience in the area of mental health. Candidates with MA in Social Work from TISS during last two years also can apply.
Selection of the candidates will be based on personal interviews. Interested candidates can download application forms from the website http://www.tiss.edu/announcement .
1) Last date for the receipt of completed application forms at the Institute by Post and in Person (For Dual Degree in Management of Voluntary Organizations): 16th August 2011
2) Last date for Dual Degree in Social Work and Mental Health: 30th August 2011
3) Personal Interviews: 16-17 September 2011.