Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai has announced admission notification 2012 for M.Sc., Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes for the year 2012-13. The Graduate School of the TIFR is conducting these programmes. TIFR is a deemed university and highly reputed for education and research in basic sciences in India. The notification is for the above courses starting from 1st August 2012. TIFR shall conduct national level entrance examination for short listing the candidates. Following are details of the programmes, entrance test and application procedure:
1) M.Sc.: Biology (TIFR, Mumbai, Duration is 3 years)
2) M.Sc.: Wildlife Biology and Conservation (NCBS, Bangalore, Duration is 2 years).
3) Ph.D.: Mathematics (TIFR, Mumbai and CAM, Bangalore)
4) Ph.D.: Physics, Chemistry, Computer and Sytems Sciences, Biology (TIFR, Mumbai and NCBS, Bangalore). Duration is 5 years.
5) Integrated Ph.D.: Mathematics (CAM, Bangalore); Duration is 6 years.
6) Integrated Ph.D.: Biology (TIFR, Mumbai and NCBS, Bangalore). Duration is 6 years.
Candidates will be selected based on the written test at several nationwide centres. Those qualified in the written test will be called for interviews. Interviews will be held during end February to early April, 2012. Exact dates dates of interviews will be announced later. Results of the all India level entrance examination will be announced on January 18, 2012 on TIFR website univ.tifr.res.in .
Interested candidates can apply online through TIFR official website http://univ.tifr.res.in/gs2012/Apply_Online/Apply_Online.htm . Eligibility requirements for various courses and subjects, syllabus for the entrance test, sample questions, previous papers and questions are also available on the website.
1) Nationwide Entrance Examination: Sunday, December 11, 2011
2) Last date for the receipt of filled in application: October 16, 2011
3) Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination: January 18, 2012