Here is a good news for Asian Universities. Despite high rankings for US and British Universities, the Times Higher Education (THE) of London has observed that various institutions from Asia are catching up. The THE Rankings Report is highly influential in the world of education and academics. Here are the finding of Time Higher Education rankings survey for 2012-13.
1) California Institute of Technology remain on top of the list in Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2012-2013.
2) University of Oxford raised two spots and also in the ahead of Harvard and shared second place with Stanford University.
3) About 76 US universities have secured place in the top 200 institutions marking the supremacy of USA in higher education. Britain is in the second place in terms of number of total institutions secured spot in the list.
4) University of Cambridge has slipped one place and at seventh position and Imperial College at London remain at eight spot.
5) Universities from China, Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea have improved their performance.
The Times has allotted rankings based on 13 performance indicators such as research, faculty, teaching, knowledge transfer and international outlook.