Intermediate Zoology Paper - I (English Version) Time : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 60
I. (i) Very Short Answer Type Questions. 10 × 2 = 20
(ii) Answer ALL questions.
(iii) Each question carries 2 marks.
1. List any two differences between a flagellum and cilium.
2. How do you differentiate between growth in a living organisms and non living object?
3. Distinguish between lymphadenitis and lymphangitis.
4. What are corpora bigemina? Mention their function.
5. What are Jacobson's organs? What is their function?
6. Define conjugation with reference to ciliates.
7. What is Gause's principle? When does it applicable?
8. What is Aristotle's lantern? Give one example of an animal
9. What are Volkmann's canals? What is their role?
10. Distinguish between amphids and phasmids.
II . (i) Short Answer Type Questions.
(ii) Attempt any SIX questions.
(iii) Each question carries FOUR marks. 6 × 4 = 24
11. Describe the structure of a multipolar neuron.
12. What is genetic diversity and what are the different types of
13. Describe the structure of the heart of frog.
14. Describe the process of transverse binary fission in Paramecium.
15. What are the adverse effects of tobacco?
16. Draw a neat labelled diagram of the mouthparts of cock-roach.
17. Write a short notes on 'Green House Effect'.
18. Write a short notes on class Anthozoa.
III. (i) Long Answer Questions.
(ii) Attempt any TWO questions.
(iii) Each question carries EIGHT marks . 2 × 8 = 16
19. Explain the structure and life cycle of Entamoeba histolytica
with the help of neat and labelled diagrams.
20. Describe the reproductive system of Periplaneta and draw neat labelled diagrams of it.
21. Describe different types of food chains that exist in an ecosystem.