The GATE 2017 notification has been announced for admission into Engineering (ME / M.Tech) and Dual Degree courses in Engineering and Sciences for the academic year 2017-18. The online application process starts from 1st September 2016 and closes on 4th October 2016.
Eligibility: Candidates with any one of the following qualifications are eligible to appear for GATE 2017 in respective test papers.
1) Bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc / Diploma in Engineering / Technology). Those in the final year of the course are also eligible.
2) Bachelor degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of four year program in Science (BS) also can apply.
3) Masters degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications and those in the final year of such programs also eligible to apply.
4) Four year integrated Master degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology and those candidates in the second or higher year of such programs are eligible.
5) Five year integrated Master degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year also can apply.
6) Candidates with five year integrated MSc or five year integrated BSc / MSc degree and those in the final year also eligible to apply.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech and those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible to appear for GATE 2017.
1) Start of online applications through www.gate.iitr.ernet.in: 1st September 2016
2) Close of online applications: 4th October 2016
3) GATE 2017 Dates: 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2017.