SSC Public Examination - 2016 - General Science Paper - II Model Paper
Section - I:
1. Answer any FOUR of the following questions.
2. Each question carries 1 mark.(4 ×1 = 4)
1. What is the role of saliva in the digestion of food?
2. What happen if diaphragm is not there in the body?
3. Which type of blood vessels carry blood away from the heart?
4. How are waste products excreted in amoeba?
5. What happens to the amount of energy transferred from one step to the next in a food chain?
6. Why should we protect forests and animals?
Section - II:
1. Answer any FIVE of the following questions, choosing at least two from each group A&B.
2. Each question carries 2 marks. (5 × 2 = 10)
Group - A
7. What is the difference between light reaction and dark reaction you understood from the diagram given below?
8. Why does a deep sea divers and mountaineers carry oxygen cylinder on their back?
9. Phloem is a food source for some animals. How can you justify this statement?
10. Write differences
A. Functions of PCT and DCT
B. Kidney and artificial kidney
Group - B
11. What precautions will you take to keep away from various sexually transmitted diseases?
12. Prepare a cartoon on Pavlov's experiment with a suitable caption.
13. Mendal select pea plant for his experiments. Gums the reasons in your point of view.
14. Prepare slogans to promote awareness in your classmates about eco friendly activities.
Section - II:
1. Answer any FOUR of the following questions, choosing at least two from each group A&B.
2. Each question carries 4 marks. (4 ×1 = 4)
15. How would you demonstrate that green plant release oxygen when exposed to light?
16. How can you prove that the water transport through the xylem?
17. You are walking in the traffic suddenly you heard a loud sound. How coordination takes place in this situation among respected organs? Draw a block diagram to explain this situation.
18. Write differences between mitosis-meiosis.
Group - B:
19. Draw a schematic diagram of villus in small intestain. Explain how digestive system coordinate with circulatory system.
20. Explain monohybrid experiment with an example, which law of inheritance we can understand? Explain.
21. Draw a pyramid of number consider yourself as top level consumer.
22. Here is a news strip, read it carefully and answer the following questions. Villagers oppose sand mining project Santhabommali (Srikakulam) people of more than 20 villages in two mandals of
Srikakulam have raised a banner of revolt against the proposed beach sand mining project by a private company and threatened to intensify their agitation if the government does not cancel the project. The
sand mining is being taken up to extract rich minerals from the area. The villages are located around the forest belt where mining was initiated.
i) Do you think the villagers are doing a right thing to agitate? Why?
ii) What resources are the villagers trying to save by their agitation?
iii) Will the villagers be benefitted by the rich minerals extracted from sand?
iv) Why does the private company want to carry out mining in the area?
v) Does the government have any role to play?
vi) How will mining in that piece of land affect people of the area?
Section - IV:
Note: 1. Answer any ONE of the following questions.
2. Question carries 5 marks. (1 × 5 = 5)
23. Draw a neat labelled diagram of longitudinal section of human kidney.
24. Draw a neat labelled diagram of internal structure of a flower.
PART - B:
Max.Marks : 15 Time : 30 minutes.
I. Choose the correct answer from the following four choices and write the answer in the brackets given below:
1. A plant is kept in dark cupboard for about forty eight hours before conducting any experiment on Photosynthesis in order to:
a) Remove Chorophyll from leaves
b) Remove Starch from leaves
c) Ensure that no photosynthesis occurred
d) Ensure that leaves are free from the Starch
2. In single celled animals the food is taken
a) By the entire body surface b) Mouth c) Teeth d) Vacuoles
3. Energy is stored in .....
a) nucleus b) mitochondria c) ribosomes d) cell wall
4. Cluster of air sacs in lungs are called
a) alveolus b) bronchi c) braonchioles d) air spaces
5. Blood on which side of the human heart is low in oxygen?
a) left ventricle b) right ventricle c) left atrium d) right atrium
6. Which of the following opinion is correct?
a. Ravi said, xylem and phloem cells arranged one upon the other to form a tube like structure.
b. John said, xylem and phloem are not separate tube like structures.
c. Salma said, xylem and phloem cells connect together to form a tube like structure.
d. Hari said, because of its shape they said to be tube like structures.
7. Sequence of urine formation in nephron is
a) Glomerular filtration, Tubular reabsorption, Tubular secretion
b) Tubular reabsorption, Tubular secretion, Glomerular filtration,
c) Tubular secretion, Glomerular filtration, Tubular reabsorption
d) Tubular reabsorption, Glomerular filtration, Tubular secretion
8. Special excretory organs are absent in
a) birds b) amoeba c) sponges d) a and b
9. Leaf movement in mimosa helps to
a) reduce photosynthesis
b) protect from greazers
c) releasing phyto hormones
d) regulate it's growth
10. A person loss of control on emotions, which part of brain stops it's function.
a) cerebrum b) diencephalon c) mid brain d) cerebellum
11. Why are egg cells larger than sperm cells? Choose the option you think is right.
a) Egg cells have more cells in them
b) Have food store to help growth after fertilisation
c) Have thicker cell membranes
d) Have larger nuclei
12. The part of the female reproductive system produces the eggs?
a) Ovam b) Epididimis c) Cervix d) Follopian tube
13. Human organism is an internal combustion mechine because of
a) Assimillation of energy from food
b) Liberate CO2 during respiration
c) Expel waste food at the end state of digestion
d) Secrete powerful digestive juices
14. Peristalisis is because of
a) Contraction of longitudinal muscles.
b) Contraction of circular muscles.
c) Under control of autonamous nervous system.
d) Digestive secretions.
15. According to Mendal alleles have the following character
a) Pair of genes b) Responsible for character
c) Gametes d) Ressisive factors
16. Palaeontologist dealing with
a) Embryological evidences
b) Fossil evidences
c) Vestigious organ evidences
d) Heredity variations
17. Ban all pesticides, this means that
a) control on usage of pesticides
b) prevention of pesticides
c) promote eco friendly agricultural practices
d) stop bio chemical factories
18. What does a food chain always start with
a) The herbivore b) The carnivore
c) The producer d) None of them
19. Percolation tanks helps to
(a) supply water for agriculture
(b) increase ground water level
(c) preserve rain water
(d) prevent overflow of water from tanks during rainy season.
20. Sustainable development means
(a) prevention of wastage
(b) stable growth
(c) development without damaging
(d) high yielding in less time.
II. Fill in the blanks.
21. A flap like muscular valve controls movement of air and food is .........
22. Gum and Resins are ......... substances.
23. The study of fossils is called .........
24. Example for non-renewable resource is .........
25. Gastric juice contains ......... acid.
III. Match the following
Group- A Group-B
26. Breathing roots ( ) a) stem length
27. Morphin ( ) b) base
28. Gibberellin ( ) c) Jatropa
29. Saliva ( ) d) anesthetist
30. Bio diesel ( ) e) Mangrove plants