Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) is inviting applications for admission into PGDM or MBA progrmmes for the year 2012. SVPITM is a national level management institution providing full fledged comprehensive education, training, and research in Textile Management. The Institute is offering sectoral specializations such as Retail Management, Home Textiles, Apparel Management etc. SVPITM was jointly set up by the Government of India and the Textile Industry under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. The institute is presently functioning in the premises of the erstwhile NTC Staff College, Coimbatore. Following are details of programmes, eligibility and application procedure:
1) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Textiles): Duration is 2 years.
2) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Apparel): Duration is 2 years.
3) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Retail Management): Duration is 2 years.
4) Post Graduate Certificate in Management (Home Textiles): Duration is one year.
5) IGNOU-SVPISTM- MBA (textile management)
6) PGDM - Textiles /Apparel / Retail Management
Eligibility: Applicants should have Graduation in any discipline. Candidates will be short listed based on MAT, JCCAT and CAT scores OR the Written Test conducted by the Institute followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Fee for all the above programmes is Rs 35,000 Per Semester. The SVPISTM written examination consist of 60 multiple choice questions from following subjects: General Mathematics, General English, General knowledge and current affairs. Following are details of other collaborative programmes:
1) Post-Graduate Diploma Management (PGDM) – Textiles: Number of seats are 60. Duration is 4 semesters. Fee is Rs.35,000/- per semester.
2) Post-Graduate Diploma Management (PGDM) – Apparel: Seats - 60; Course Duration is 4 semesters. Fee is Rs.35,000/- per semester.
3) Post-Graduate Diploma Management (PGDM) – Retail Management: Number of Seats- 60; Duration is 4 semesters. Course fee is Rs.35,000/- per semester.
4) Post-Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM) – Home Textiles: Number of Seats - 40; Duration is 2 semesters; Fee is Rs.35,000/- per semester.
5) IGNOU-SVPISTM- MBA (Textiles Management): Duration is 2 years. Seats are 30.
Following are fee details: For 1st Semester: Rs. 50000/-; For 2nd Semester: Rs.50000/-; for 3rd and 4th Semester: Rs.100000/- (3rd and 4th semesters fees should be paid together). SVPITM is also offering Research Programs in affiliation with Bharathiar University. Programmes available are
1) M.Phil in Management / Textiles Management
2) Ph.D in Management / Textiles Management
Interested candidates can refer Bharathiar University website www.b-u.ac.in OR SVPITM website http://svpitm.ac.in/courses.php for more details. Applications can be obtained from Director, SVPI International School of Textiles and Management, Coimbatore. OR forms can be downloaded from the SVPITM website. For more details on admissions, please contact at ph: 98940 97698, 98431 54272.