Sri Ramachandra University (SRU), Porur, Chennai issued admission notification for various Under Graduate and Para Medical Courses for the academic year 2011-12. The Courses offeredare BPT, B.Sc., B.Pharmacy, Pharm.D. etc. Sri Ramachandra University is a private university in Tamilnadu with NAAC Grade A recognition. Following are details of courses, eligibility and application procedure:
1. B.P.T:. Duration of the course: 4 and half years (including 6 Months Internship), Eligibility: Pass in HSC; Number of Seats 50.
2. B. Pharmacy: Duration is 4 Years; Eligibility : 50 percent marks in the aggregate in HSC, No. of Seats: 60.
3. Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy): Duration is 6 Years (including 1 year Internship); Eligibility: Pass in HSC or Pass in D. Pharm, Number of Seats : 30.
4. Bachelor in Audiology: Duration of the course: 4 Years (including 1 year Internship), Eligibility: Pass in HSC and Speech-Language Pathology, No. of Seats: 30.
5. B.Sc. (Nursing): Duration is 4 years; Eligibility: 45 percent marks in the aggregate in HSC in Science Group and 40 percent for SC/ ST candidates; No. of Seats:100.
6. B.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences): Duration: 4 Years, Eligibility : Pass in HSC, No. of Seats:40.
7. B.Sc. (Optometry): Duration is 4 Years which includes 1 year Internship); Eligibility: Pass in HSC; Number of Seats: 20.
8. B.Sc. (Allied Health Sciences): Duration of the course: 4 Years (includes 1 year Internship), Eligibility Marks: Pass in HSC, No. of Seats 60.
9. B.Sc. (Emergency and Trauma Care Technology): Duration is 3 Years Pass in HSC, No. of Seats:20
Eligibility Requirements for Entrance Test: Candidates should be passed H.S.C. Examination in 10+2 curriculum pattern of any State Board/ CBSE/ ISC. For B.Pharmacy/ B.Sc.(Nursing) courses, the candidate should have obtained minimum eligibility marks prescribed by the University.
Available Specialisations in various Courses:
1) B.P.T.; B.Sc. Nursing / Allied Health Sciences / Emergency and Trauma Care Technology; B.Sc. English / Physics / Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology)
2) B.Pharmacy; Bachelor in Audiology and Speech- Language Pathology; and B.Sc. (Optometry); English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and (or Botany and Zoology) OR Mathematics and any other subject.
3) Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy): English, Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with either Mathematics (or) Biology (Botany and Zoology); (or) A pass in D.Pharm.
4) B.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences): English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology OR English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) OR English, Physics, Chemistry, Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology.
Application Procedure: Candidates should submit a photocopy of the H.S.C.(+2) mark statement and should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2011. You can download application forms from the university website www.sriramachandra.edu.in . Application fee is Rs. 500/- should be drawn in favour of 'Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai- 600116'. Filled in forms along with all required documents should be sent to the concerned address on or before 21st May 2011.
Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination will be sent on or before 25-05-2011. The All India Entrance Examination will be conducted on 29-05-2011 (Sunday) from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. For more info, contact: Sri Ramachandra University, (Declared under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), Recognised by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade, Porur, Chennai - 600 116.