Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has issued admission notification 2011 for Certificate, Diploma, Post Doctoral, Ph.D. and Medical courses in various specialisations and disciplines. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology is a reputed institute in field of medical education and training. Following are details of programmes, eligibility and application procedure:
1) DM/ M.Ch (Duration is three years): Specialisations offered are Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Neurology, Neuro-anaesthesia, Neuro-imaging and Interventional Neuro-radiology, Vascular Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery and Neurosurgery.
2) M.Ch. Neurosurgery: Duration is five years.
3) Post-doctoral Certificate Course: Duration is one year. The programme is available in the specialisations of
Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia, Cardio Vascular and Neuro Radiology, Neuro - anaesthesia and Vascular Surgery.
4. Post- Doctoral Fellowship: Duration is one year. The programmes is ofered for DM / MCh./ DNB completed candidates.
5. Ph.D. in Biological Sciences: Specialisations offered are Biochemistry, Microbiology Pathology, Thrombosis; Toxicology, Cell Biology, Bioengineering and Biomaterial Sciences, Implant Biology, Material Tissue Interactions, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine; Artificial Organs, Bioceramics, Dental Materials, Health Policy, Polymer Sciences and Technology, Nanomaterials; Health Science Studies; Epidemiology, Gender Issues in Health, Health Systems; Medical Sciences; Health Economics, Neurosciences, Imaging Sciences, Cardiac Sciences and Interventional Radiology.
6. Master of Public Health: Duration is two years.
7. Specialty Nursing Courses are offered for B.Sc Nursing / GNM passed candidates. Duration of these courses is two years. These are Diploma in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing / Neuro Nursing.
8. Diploma Courses (Two years) in Cardiac Laboratory Technology / Neuro Technology / Operation Theatre Technology / Advanced Medical Imaging Technology / Medical Records Science / Blood Banking Technology/ Clinical Perfusion.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can apply online through official website at http://www.sctimst.ac.in . Online registration facility is open from 1st September 2011 to 30th September 2011. Application fee varies for different courses. You can see the website for these details along with selection procedure and DD info. Address of the institute: SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 011, Kerala . Phone: 0471 - 2524150, 2524455; Website: http://www.sctimst.ac.in . Last date for the receipt of hard copy of the applications along with prescribed enclosures is 07th October 2011.