1. Recently we read in the news papers that RBI is worried about the teaser rates. Which among the following is an example of a "teaser
1. Bank advertisement attracts the depositors stating heavy interest on the Short term fixed deposits and other debt instruments but later suddenly lowers the interest
2. Bank advertises heavily giving more rewards on Personal loans but later they are asked to take insurance agreements
3. A Bank offers a low introductory rate in the beginning on a home loan, which increases after a certain period and higher than the
4. A Bank offers high introductory rate in deposit instruments but later asks the customer to take personal loans also
5. All of above are examples of teaser rates.
2. On 11 March 2010, RBI and IMF made an agreement regarding IMF notes. Pick up correct one?
1. India buys $ 10 billion worth of IMF notes, to stand on the commitment made in G-20 summit.
2. The above notes are denominated in SDR (Special Drawing Rates), the fund’s unit of account, which is a currency basket composed of the US Dollar, the Euro, the Yen and the Pound Sterling .
3. This helps the organization to shore up with funds to assist countries, hit by financial crisis.
4. India is a member in IMF, established in 1945, having its head at Washington
5. All of above
3. Reserve Bank of India wants bring down the inflation, so that it raised the repo rate by 25bps to 5% and reverse repo rate by 25bps
to 3.5% with immediate effect. Pick up the correct statement among the following, which may be the effect in the economy?
1. There may be no effect on EMI under floating rating of interest
2. The Consumers post pone to take loans as EMI may come down
3. The consumers may experience more EMI in the future due to such raise
4. There is nil effect on the lending
5. There is no effect due to such raise, as the above rates applicable for one month only
4. Government moved a bill in parliament to reduce its equity in SBI to … percent by allowing the country's largest lending institution to
raise money from the market. Presently government has current stake of 59.41%.
1. 56 2. 51 3. 49 4. 45 5. 54
5. In context with the financial markets , an agreement to exchange floating rate payments for fixed rate payments (or vice-versa)
at regular intervals ov er pre-specified period on a certain principal amount is known as __?
1. Currency Swap
2. Volatility Rate Swap
3. Rolling Rate Swap
4. Interest Rate swap
6. The Advisory Committee on Flow of Credit to Agriculture and Related Activities recommended restructuring of RRBs in order to
improve the operational viability of RRBs and take advantage of the economies of scale. Who among the following was the chairman of
1. Subhir Gokarn 2.Syamala Gopinath
3. D.Subba rao 4. Prof. Datthu
5. Prof V S Vyas
7. … bank received IT Award from Oracle for its sustained Leadership in Quality Banking through most appropriate adoption of Technology?
1. Bank of Baroda 2. Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd.
3. ICICI 4. State Bank of India
8. Which Bank launched E-Stamping as a part of its strategy to increase bouquet of products in Karnataka?
1. State bank of India 2. Syndicate Bank
3. Corporation Bank 4. ING Vysya Bank
5. Indian Bank
9. Thirteenth Finance Commission headed by Vijay.c.kelkar. Pick up correct statements?
a) To create a common market in India, it has suggested a roadmap for the introduction of a single-rate goods and services tax (GST)
b) The overall debt of the Centre and States is capped at 68 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) from the current 82 percent. (12th finance Commission suggested 75 percent)
c) Local bodies receive up to 2.5 per cent of the divisible tax pool. Of this, up to 1 per cent can be incentive-linked.
d) It has projected that tax receipts would see a compounded annual
growth rate of over 17 per cent between March 2010 and March 2015
e) Prescribing a zero revenue deficit as the golden rule, the Commission has recommended that the endeavor for all States should be to reach that level by 2014-15.
1. a c d e 2. a b c e 3. b c d e 4. a b c d 5. a b c d e
10. Employment programmes in India, received much attention by the union government. Which among the following was the first to mandate child-care facilities for women at work sites?
1. Pradhanmantri Shahari Rojgar Yojna
2. Swaran Jayanti gram Swarozgar Yojna
3. Bharath Shahari Rojgar Yozana
4. Jawahar Rozgar Yojna
5. National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
11. C.Ranga Rajan, the chairman of Prime minister Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC), released the ‘Review of the Economy 2009-2010”. It projected GDP. Choose the correct one?
a) 2009 - 2010 --- 7.2 %
b) 2010 - 2011 --- 8.2 %
c) 2011 - 2012 --- 9%
d) 2012 - 2013 --- 10.7%
e) 2013 - 2014 --- 9.5%
1. a c d e 2. b c d 3. a b c 4. d e 5. a b d
12. While we apply for Initial Public Offer (IPO), the companies in their advertisements use the word ASBA. It means?
1. Amount Supplied by Borne Amount
2. Application Submitted by Before Amount
3. Application Supported by Blocked Amount
4. Adapted Sound Borne Assistance
5. Animated Supplied by Bring Amount
13. Soleckshaw got sops from Finance minister in this Budget. It is solar rickshaw, developed by CSIR but manufactured by ….
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Solar Mission, New Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
3. National Institute of technology, Warangal
4. Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, Durgapur
5. National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur
14. Pranab said, the direct tax reforms are introduced in this Budget and also in the previous budget. Pick up the correct statements.
a) The Centralized Processing Centre at Bengaluru is now fully functional and is processing around 20,000 returns daily which was formed in the last budget.
b) This initiative will be taken forward by setting up two more Centers during 2010 - 2011.
c) ‘Sevottam’, a pilot project at Pune, Kochi and Chandigarh through Aayakar Seva Kendras were established as a part of income tax department initiative to move towards citizen centric governance in the last year
d) This year the scheme will be extended to four more cities.
e) The income tax department is now ready to introduce SARAL-II form for individual salaried taxpayers for the coming assessment year. This form will enable individuals to enter relevant details in a simple format
1. a b c d e 2. a b c d 3. b c d e 4. a c d e 5. b c d
15. The Book titles and Authors are given below. Find out which one is correctly matched one?
1. Dynamic Lawyering by Justice V.R.Krishna Iyer
2. Mother India - A political Biography of Indira Gandhi by Pranay Guptha
3. Hawa mein Hastakshar by Kailash Vajpayi
4. Open – An Autobiography by Andre Agassi
5. All of above
16. To provide one time interim relief to the housing and real estate sector which was impacted by the global recession, Pranab
proposed to allow pending projects to be completed within a period of….. years, instead of four years for claiming a deduction on their profits, in this budget.
1. 9 2. 6 3. 7 4. 8 5. 5
17. In a statement, ManMohanSingh has termed the 11th Five Year Plan as
1. India’s infrastructure plan
2. India’s Employment plan
3. India’s urban prosperity plan
4. India’s education plan
5. India’s equal opportunity plan
18. SEBI has constituted a committee to review the role of market infrastructure institutions in the securities market. It will review the ownership and governance structure of market, infrastructure institutions in the context of their evolving role. It is headed by?
1. D.Subba Rao 2. Usha Thorat
3. Y.V.Reddy 4. Bimal Jalan
5. Subir Gokarn
19. Of the following statements which one is incorrect regarding the Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav visit India from 15 FEB 2010.
1. India offered a 250-million dollar soft loan through EXIM Bank
2. 50,000 tonne of wheat, 20,000 tonne of rice and 10,000 tonne of yellow pea offered to Nepal
3. Air services agreement, MOU (Memorandum Of Understanding) on
development of railway infrastructure at five border points agreed
4. MOU on development of India-Nepal friendship polytechnic at Hetavda in Makwanpur district of Nepal. Another MOU on establishment of India-Nepal friendship convention centre at Birgunj in Nepal
20. Central Cabinet liberalized the foreign direct investment (FDI) policy further by allowing the Foreign Investment Board (FIPB) to clear proposals from overseas entities worth up to RS. … against existing limit of RS. 600 cr?
1. 1500 cr 2. 1800 cr 3. 1200 cr 4. 1000 cr 5. 2000 cr
21. Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has increased the provision of payment to unemployed insured persons under the Rajiv Gandhi Shramik Kalyan Yojana to which of the following durations recently?
1. One year and 9 months
2. Six months
3. Ten months
4. Eighteen months
5. One year
22. 58th edition of Earnest Young Awards-2009 are announced. Pick up the incorrect one?
1. Entrepreneur of the year (Manager): O.P. Bhatt, Chairman, State Bank of India
2. Lifetime Achievement award: N. Vaghul, Ex-Chairman of ICICI Bank Ltd
3. Entrepreneur of the year: Anand G. Mahindra, Vice Chairman and MD of Mahindra Group
4. Entrepreneur of the year (Start-up): Amit Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director of A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd
5. Entrepreneur of the year (Services): Aditya Birla (Idea Cellular Limited).
1.3 2.5 3.3 4.2 5.4 6.5 7.2 8.3 9.5 10.5 11.3 12.3 13.4 14.1 15.5
16.5 17.4 18.4 19.5 20.3 21.5 22.5.