1. Andhra Bank’s head office is at Hyderabad. Pick up the correct statements?
a) Andhra Bank was founded by the eminent freedom fighter, Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya
b) The Bank was registered on 20th November 1923 and commenced business on 28th November 1923 with a paid up capital of Rs 1.00 lakh and an authorized capital of Rs 10.00 lakhs.
c) Andhra Bank’s new mascot is Dolphin named as DOLLe.
d) From Jan 2010, With Bank of Baroda and Legal & General (UK) Andhra Bank commenced a Life Insurance Joint Venture by name M/s India First Life Insurance Co Ltd.
e) Friendly, Intelligent, Responsive are the mascot slogans of this bank
1. a b c d e 2. a b c d 3. a b c e 4. b c d e 5. b c e
2. WHO studies on public health is given. Pick up the correct statement?
a) As per a WHO study, India ranks 171 out of the 175 countries in the world in public health spending
b) India ranks among the top 10 countries for communicable diseases. Today, world leader of chronic diseases like diabetes,
hypertension and coronary artery diseases
c) a large section of Indian population still reels under the risk of curable diseases that do not receive ample attention of policy-
d) India needs much spending on public health care and medical infrastructure
1. a b c 2. a c d 3. a b c d 4. b c 5. none
3. Which bank in India provides rural counselling, financial literacy and other services, are now operational in 52 centres under the name of Grameen Paramarsh Kendras?
1. SBI 2) Indian Bank
3. Bank of Baroda 4) Bank of India 5. ICICI.
4. 1956 Minimum of Foreign Reserve System of R.B.I was diluted in the issue of currency in 1957. It says ….
1. R.B.I should maintain Rs. 115 crore worth of Gold
2. R.B.I should maintain Rs. 150 crore worth of Gold and Rs. 450 cr worth of Government bonds
3. R.B.I should maintain Rs. 1000 cr worth of Gold or Rs. 1000 crore worth of Government securities
4. R.B.I should maintain Rs. 100 cr worth of Gold or Rs. 1000 crore worth of foreign securities
5. R.B.I need not maintain any worth of Gold or Government securities
5. Which facts are true about population in the given statements?
a) Population Foundation of India and the Population Reference Bureau (PRB), USA, predict that India may have a population of
two billion by 2101
b) the population of 60 plus would exceed that of those aged between 0 and 14 years, leading to substantial future ageing in India by 2051
c) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan would account for almost half of the country’s population by 2101
d) In the month of march 2010, the Union Cabinet approves the creation of National Population Register of usual residents of
e) The project would cover an estimated population of 1.2 billion and the total cost of the scheme is Rs 3,539.24 crore
1. a b c d 2. b c d e 3. a b c d e 4. c d e 5. a c d e
6. ‘Taking banking technology to the common man’ is the punch line of Indian Bank. Pick up incorrect one?
a. As part of the Swadeshi movement the bank was established on 15th August 1907.
b. Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd, IndBank Housing Ltd, IndFund Management Ltd are the three subsidiaries companies.
c. On 1st April 2010, T.M.Bhasin has assumed charge as Chairman & Managing Director
d. he is the chairman of the “Task Force for extending Banking Facilities in Unbanked Gram Panchayat in the State of West Bengal” set up by the Reserve Bank of India in December 2007
e. recently the bank shown interest to open the branches in Australia, Hong Kong, Sri lanka and Maldives under its overseas
f. its head office is at Chennai
1. a 2. b 3. d 4. c 5. none
7. IMF pegs 2010 global growth at ….. ?
1. 4.5 % 2. 0.5 % 3. 1.75 % 4. 2.5 % 5. 0.6%
8. Of the following statements, which is wrong one related to the relation of R.B.I with union government?
1. R.B.I transacts all banking business of the government
2. Government keeps its cash balances on current account deposits with R.B.I
3. the union government is empowered to borrow through treasury bills any amount it takes from R.B.I. so we can say the union
government is the ultimate authority of the country
4. R.B.I mobilizes resources for financing Public-Sector projects.
9. R.B.I has inspection powers over banks. A working group set up by R.B.I to suggest changes in approach and style of inspection.
This working group headed by …… ?
1. A. Srinivasan 2. Usha Thorat 3. S. Padmanabhan 4. S.S. Barucha
10. Allahabad Bank is one of the oldest banks in India. Pick up the wrong answer.
a. Allahabad Bank was founded on April 24, 1865 by a group of
b. A new scheme designed & launched by the Bank on 24.04.2004 on
the eve of the Bank’s 140th Establishment Day envisages to provide
farm investment credits as well as personal/ domestic loans including repayment of debt to money lenders
c. its punch line is a tradition of trust
d. Financial Literacy & Credit Counseling Centre (FLCC) inaugurated by Smt. Usha Thorat on 26.06.2009, with a slogan Har
Kadam Aap Ke Saath.
e. its present head office is at Luknow (U.P )
1. e 2. b 3. a 4. d 5. c
11. The nationalized bank, Bank of India details is given. Pick up correct statements?
1. Bank of India was founded on 7th September, 1906 by a group of eminent businessmen from Mumbai
2. ‘Relationships beyond banking’ is the punch line of Bank of India
3. The Bank has been the first among the nationalized banks to establish a fully computerized branch and ATM facility at the Mahalaxmi Branch at Mumbai way back in 1989
4. The international business accounts for around 17.82% of Bank's total business.
5. all of above
12. 2009 Annual session of the World Bank & IMF intended to mobilize $ 45 Billion to infrastructure facilities and 12 billion dollars to agriculture. This summit was held at … ?
1. New York 2. Carolina 3. Washington 4. Sanfransisco 5. Alaska
13. Which among the following statements is incorrect regarding Scheduled Banks ?
a) Banking Regulation Act 1949 says all Banking companies having paid up capital and reserves of Rs. 5 lakh or more may be termed as scheduled banks and include in R.B.I Act.
b) In R.B.I Act 1934 second schedule we can see the names of scheduled banks
c) Scheduled banks should not open their branches outside of India
d) Scheduled banks can get cash from R.B.I on concessional rate of interest.
e) Scheduled banks can run Clearing House.
1. a 2. b 3. c 4. d 5. e
14. Union Bank of India details is given. Pick up incorrect one?
a. Union Bank of India is a leading private sector bank
b. M.V.Nair takes charge of Union Bank of India as Chairman and Managing Director
c. M.V. Nair is the Chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)
d. He is a member on the Committee constituted by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance, for conducting a study of the HR issues of the Public Sector Banks and make appropriate recommendations
e. He is a member on the High Powered Committee set up by the RBI and headed by Smt Usha Thorat, Dy. Governor of RBI to review the Lead Bank Scheme.
1. a 2. e 3. c 4. d 5. b
15. Bank of Maharashtra details is given. Pick up correct one?
a) ‘one family and one bank’ is the punch line of this bank
b) Prof. V. G. Kale and D. K. Sathe founded this bank in 1935
c) its head office is at Pune
d) This is one of the banks nationalized among 14 banks in 1969 by Indira Gandhi government
e) Mr. Allen C.A. Pereira, Chairman and Managing Director of Bank of Maharashtra received Y.B. Chavan Award for support to SMEs on the eve of Maharashtra Economic Summit held at Mumbai on March 12, 2010.
1. a b c d 2. a b c d e 3. a b c 4. b c d e 5. a b d e.
KEY : 1.1 2.3 3.3 4.1 5.3 6.5 7.4 8.5 9.3 10.1 11.5 12.2 13.3 14.1 15.2