Following are model questions for SBI Associate Banks Written Exam for Clerical Recruitment Examination. The questions are for the Reasoning section of the exam. Answers are there at the end of the section.
1. In the arrangement of letters and numbers given below, first all the numbers are arranged in the descending order and then all the letters are written in the alphabetical order. Then which letter/ number will be 4th to the left of the 11th element from the end in
the new arrangement?
P N 3 W 9 Q 1 8 L K 4 6 B 7
1) K 2) 3 3) B 4) 1 5) None of these
2. '8' is related to '16P' and '6' is related to '12L' in the same way as '11' is related to ....
1) 22R 2) 22K 3) 22J 4) 22S 5) None of these
3. In a column of girls Kamala is 11th from the front. Neela is 3 places ahead of Sunita who is 22nd from the front. How many girls are
there between Kamala and Neela in the column?
1) Six 2) Eight 3) Seven 4) Cannot be determined 5) None of these
4. If 'IN' is written as 'KQ' then '.........' will be written as 'FR'
1) EO 2) DO 3) DP 4) EP 5) None of these
5. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the alpha order given below?
A C A B B D B C C E C ?
1) B 2) F 3) D 4) C 5) None of these
6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the positions of the letters in the English alphabet and hence form a
group. Which one does not belong to the group?
1) MOP 2) GIJ 3) SUV 4) BDE 5) KLN
7. Shailesh saw the movie on Monday. Nitin saw the movie two days prior to Vikas but three days after Shailesh. On which day did Vikas see the movie?
1) Monday 2) Saturday 3) Tuesday 4) Sunday 5) None of these
8. In a certain code language 'PULSE' is written as 'DRKTO' and 'NEW' is written as 'VDM'. How will 'PROBES' be written in that code
1) RDANQO 2) QSPCFT 3) TFCPSQ 4) OPNADR 5) None of these
9. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters 'ATN' using each letter only once in each word?
1) One 2) Two 3) Three 4) Four 5) More than four
Directions (Q.10-15): Study carefully the following arrangement of letters, digits and symbols to answer these questions.
M 7 £ 8 L P @ ? 6 N β T Y 3 2 = E $ 4 9 ©
G H 5
10. How many such letters are there in the arrangement each which is immediately followed by a number?
1) Three 2) Four 3) One 4) Two 5) None of these
11. How many such symbols are there in the arrangement each of which is immediately preceded by a number?
1) Two 2) Three 3) Four 4) Nil 5) None of these
12. If all the symbols are deleted from the arrangement, which of the following will be fourth to the left of the 17th element from
the left end?
1) 9 2) E 3) 2 4) Y 5) None
13. '78' is to 'P?6' and '? N' is to 'T32' in the same way as
'2E' is to ...... in the arrangement.
1) 4©H 2) 49G 3) 4©G 4) 9GH 5) None of these
14. If all the numbers are deleted from the arrangement, then
which of the following will be fifth to the right of 13th element from the right end?
1) β 2) N 3) Y 4) T 5) None of these
15. If REMIT is written as £3Π7 and CONSUL is written as = % 8 β $ 5; then OCELOT will be written as .....
1) %=3587 2) %=£5%7 3) %=35%Π 4) %=35%7 5) None of these
16. Among M, N, O, P and Q, (i) N is taller than only P and (ii) O is the 2nd tallest person. To decide the tallest among them,
the data in which of the following statements is/ are sufficient?
A) M is taller than N.
B) M, though taller than N, is not as tall as Q
C) Q is taller than N D) O is taller than both M and N
1) Only D 2) Either (B) alone or (D) alone
3) Only (B) or Only (A) and (C) together 4) (B) and (D) together
5) None of these
17. If AMONG is written as NAOGM and SPINE is written as NSIEP, then LAMON will be written as -
1) OALNM 2) MLONA 3) OLMNA 4) OLNMA 5) None of these
18. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which one does not belong to the group?
1) 72 2) 96 3) 68 4) 28 5) 82
19. In the case of how many letters in the word CLIENT, their serial order in the word will not differ than their serial order in the
arrangement where the letters of the word are arranged alphabetically?
1) Four 2) One 3) Three 4) Two 5) None of these
KEY: 1-4; 2-5; 3-3; 4-2; 5-3; 6-5; 7-2; 8-1; 9-2; 10-1; 11-2; 12-5; 13-3; 14-4; 15-2; 16-2; 17-3; 18-5; 19-1.