Directions (Q.1-2): Study the following information and answer the questions given below.
(i) Aradhana building having 3 floors (ground floor + 2 floors) is facing East. Each floor has 3 flats with one at the centre facing
(ii) Out of flats A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I (not in the same order), flats G and F are the adjacent pair of flats of flat B which is on the second floor and exactly above E.
(iii) Flat 'I' facing East is not on the ground floor and does not have 'D' and 'H' as adjacent pair of flats.
1. Which flat is just to the right of flat I?
1) C 2) A 3) Either C or A
4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
2. Which flat will be at the left of flat E on the ground floor?
1) Either D or H 2) D only 3) H only
4) A only 5) None of these
3. In a certain code REJOIN is written as OJPKFS. How would SCRIPT be written in that code?
1) UQJSDT 2) SOHQBR 3) TDSJQU 4) URJTDU 5) None of these
4. If it is possible to make a meaningful word with the third, the sixth, the seventh and the tenth letters of the word STETHOPHONE
write first letter of that word as the answer. If no such word can be made, give 'X' as the answer, if more than one word can be made,
give 'M' as the answer.
1) M 2) X 3) O 4) P 5) N
5. In a group of five friends A, B, C, D, and E, 'B' is younger to 'C' but elder to 'A'. If they are arranged in ascending order of age, then 'D' gets fifth rank, who is the youngest in age?
1) B 2) A 3) Either E or C 4) Only C 5) None of these
6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) Sweet 2) Cold 3) Sour 4) Bitter 5) Salty
7. In a certain code language 'dim phu te' means 'He likes cricket', 'son ri' means 'good food'. How 'good cricket' will be written in that language?
1) son te 2) dim ri 3) son phu 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
8. If 'A ÷ B' means 'A is brother of B', 'A - B' means 'A is father of B', 'A + B' means 'B is sister of A' and 'A×B' means 'A is grandfather of B', which of the following means 'L is niece of M' ?
1) M÷P−N 2) M÷P−N+L 3) L+N−P+M 4) M+N−L 5) None of these
9. Bus for Chikodi village is after every hour from 7.30 am to 12.30 pm but after that it is after every one and half hours gap. One bus
has gone half an hour ago, Vilas was told by a depot clerk at 5.30 pm. When was the next bus scheduled?
1) 6 pm 2) 7 pm 3) 7.30 pm 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
10. 'In a class of 50 students, one-fifth play cricket and hockey, only 10 students play both hockey and table tennis, 50 per cent
play only cricket'. If this statement is true, then which of the following is definitely true in the context of the above statement?
1) 10 students play only table tennis
2) Only 25 students can play cricket
3) 30 percent of the students do not play any game
4) 70 percent of the students can play more than one game
5) 35 students can play cricket
11. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following letter-number series? ZG13 ? VM17 TP19
1) RS15 2) YI17 3) QR21 4) XJ15 5) None of these
12. If the days of the week are replaced by every alternate letter of the English alphabet, with Wednesday replaced by E, Thursday by G and so on, then fifth day beginning from Friday will be shown by
which of the following?
1) E 2) I 3) O 4) R 5) None of these
13. If the second half of the letters of the word TRANSPORTATIONAL
are reversed and placed before first half of the letters, which letter will be the third to the right of the thirteenth letter from the right?
1) R 2) N 3) L 4) A 5) None of these
14. In class of students, Sairam's rank is 23rd from top in Mathematics, whereas his rank is 27th from below in Physics. How many
students are there in the class?
1) 50 2) 40 3) 48 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Directions (Q.15-17): Study the following information and answer the questions given below. A swimming coach has to select some students
out of 26 students. He gave them random numbers from 2 to 7 after arranging them in a row as shown below:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q
5 2 7 5 3 4 2 6 5 6 6 3 7 7 6 3 5
R S T U V W X Y Z
7 4 4 6 2 4 3 5 2
15. If students having 5 or 7 number but are flanked by even numbered students are to be chosen, which of the following will be the answer?
1) B, F 2) D, M 3) Y, Q 4) Q, N 5)None of these
16. If students having even number but have odd number bearing students on both sides are to be chosen, how many students will
1) Two 2) Three 3) Four 4) More than Four 5) None of these
17. If those students who are having even number but have student bearing odd number ahead and are followed by even numbered students are to be chosen, which of the following represents that group of students?
1) BFK 2) FJS 3) WSK 4) PWG 5) None of these
KEY : 1-3; 2-1; 3-1; 4-1; 5-5; 6-2; 7-4; 8-2; 9-5; 10-5; 11-4; 12-5; 13-4; 14-4; 15-5; 16-1; 17-2.