Following are model questions useful for Reasoning section of the written examination of SBI Clerks Recruitment. We are not giving directions for these questions as they are well known for the candidates. You can also refer previous sections for the same.
1. Statements: Some buses are bells.
Some bells are horses.
All trains are horses.
Conclusions: I. Some buses are horses.
II. Some trains are bells.
2. Statements: All goats are kites.
All roses are goats.
Some kites are bees.
Conclusions: I. Some kites are roses.
II. Some goats are bees.
3. Statements: All classes are lions.
Some birds are classes.
All pens are lions.
Conclusions: I. No pen is bird
II. Some birds are pens.
4. Statements: Some candles are pens.
All papers are trees.
Some books are papers.
Conclusions: I. Some books are candles.
II. Some trees are books.
5. Statements: All bats are elephants.
Some balloons are crows.
All crows are bats.
Conclusions: I. Some balloons are elephants.
II. Some elephants are crows.
Directions (Q.6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
The digits from 0 to 9 are coded as shows below with the exceptions that follow:
Digit 0 7 3 1 4 6 8 5 9 2
Code R I M P B D H A T N
1. If number begins and ends with an odd digit ( non-zero) then both the first and last digits are to be coded as $
2. If a number begins and ends with an even digit ( including zero), then both the first and last digits are to be coded as #
6. What will be the code for 314926?
1) MPBDHA 2) MPBTND 3) MPBTNA 4) $PBTN$ 5) None of these
7. 'RATHIM' represents which of the following numbers?
1) 095873 2) 059873 3) 059871 4) 059873 5) None of these
8. What will be the code for 4521736?
1) BANPIMD 2) BANPIRD 3) #ANPIM# 4) #BAMPI# 5) None of these
9. What will be the code for 348057 ?
1) $BHRIA 2) MBHARI 3) $MBHR$ 4) $BHRAI$ 5) None of these
10. Which of the following numbers can represent '#AMPT#' ?
(i) 453198 (ii) 753198 (iii) 653192
1) Only (i) or (iii) 2) Only (ii) 3) Only (ii) or (iii)
4) Only (i) or (ii) 5) None of these
Directions (Q.11-15): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Seven friends R, M, K, P, L, W and B live in three different
buildings i.e. , X, Y and Z. Not less than two or more than three live in any of the buildings. Each of them has a liking for different
fruits among apple, jackfruit, watermelon, orange, grapes, pineapple and mango, not necessarily in that order. Three among them are girls, one each every building. W likes orange and stays in building Y along with only P. M lives in building Z and likes jackfruit. None in building X likes apple or grapes. R and L don't stay in X building. K is R's close friend and she does not like watermelon. L likes pineapple. None of the girls likes orange and one of them
likes apples. R does not like grapes.
11. Who does not like grapes?
1) B 2) P 3) K 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
12. Who stay in building Z?
1) M, R 2) K, B, M 3) M, R, B 4) M, K, R 5) None of these
13. Which fruit does R like?
1) Apple 2) Watermelon 3) Mango 4) Pineapple 5) None of these
14. Who are the three girls among the friends?
1) K, R, W 2) R, K, P 3) K, M, P 4) Data inadequate
5) None of these
15. Which fruit does B like?
1) Mango 2) Grapes 3) Apple 4) Watermelon 5) None of these
16. In a certain code ROPE is written as $3%6 and RITE is written as $4#6. How is PORT written in that code?
1) %4$# 2) $3%# 3) $64% 4) %3$# 5) None of these
17. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word KNIGHT, each of which has as many letters between them in the word as they have in the English alphabet?
1) None 2) One 3) Two 4) Three 5) More than three
18. Pointing to a photograph Nikita said 'She is the only grand- daughter of my grand mother's daughter'. How is the girl in
photograph related to Nikita?
1) Sister 2) Niece/ daughter 3) Aunt
4) Cannot be determine 5) None of these
19. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
1) Pineapple 2) Guava 3) Grapes 4) Papaya 5) Pear
20. If in the word STABLE all the consonants are replaced by the previous letter and all the vowels are replaced by the next letter
what will be the third from the left end?
1) S 2) B 3) A 4) K 5) None of these
21. In a certain code HOUSE is written as FTVPI, how is CHAIR written in that code?
1) DIBJS 2) SBJID 3) SHBGD 4) SJBID 5) None of these
22. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) FH 2) KM 3) PR 4) CE 5) JM
Key: 1-4 2-1 3- 3 4- 2 5- 2 6- 2 7- 2 8-3 9- 5 10-1 11-3 12-5 13-1 14-2 15-4 16-4 17-3 18-2 19-3 20-2 21-4 22-5 .