Following are some practice questions for IBPS Written Examination for Probationary Officers / Management Trainees. The bit bank is also useful for SBI and other Bank PO examinations which are outside the purview of IBPS. The key for these model questions is available at the end of the bits. General Awareness is a subject which changes constantly. Candidates should note that many of the bits may be out of the context by the time they will be going to appear for IBPS -CWE for Probationary Officers.
1. On 25 January 2011, RBI announced its third quarter review of monetary policy review. Pickup incorrect statement.
1) Repo rate has been increased from 6.25% to 6.50%
2) Reverse Repo rate has been increased from 5.25% to 5.5%
3) Cash Reserve Ratio unchanged at 6%
4) Since March 2010, Repo rate has been increased by 1.75% , Reverse Repo rate has been increased by 2.25%
2. RBI recently extended the additional liquidity support to banks under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) to the extent of up to …?
1) 2% 2) 3% 3) 1% 4) 5% 5) 1.5%
3. On 14 January 2011, which bank launched ‘Bank on bike’, a banking service to extend banking services in rural areas, first time in India at Cheriyal village of Medak district in Andhra Pradesh?
1) Andhra Bank
2) State Bank of Hyderabad
4) Syndicate Bank
5) State Bank of India
4. “Quick estimates of national income, consumption expenditure, saving and capital formation for 2009-10” recently released by … on 31-01-2010.
1) Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)
2) Central Statistical Organization (CSO)
3) National Sample Survey Office (NSSO)
4) Tata Institute of Population Studies (TIPS)
5) World Economic Forum (WEF)
5. India's GDP (Gross Domestic Product) at factor cost at constant (2004-05) prices in 2009 - 2010 up by …. to Rs. 44.94 lakh crore as against the earlier estimate of 7.4 per cent as per the data released by CSO.
1) 10% 2) 11% 3) 10.5% 4) 8% 5) 9 %
6. To bring the private sector professional to assist on policy matters, who has been appointed as an Advisor to Prime Minister on skill development?
1) Sam Pitroda
2) Dr. R. Chidambaram
3) ShivShankar Menon
4) Prof. C. N. R. Rao
5) S. Ramadorai
7. The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) details are given. Pick up correct statements.
1) FDI in private banks allowed up to 74%
2) FDI in Public sector banks allowed up to 20%
3) FDI allowed 100% through the automatic route in townships, housing, built-up infrastructure and construction-development projects.
4) China remains the most popular destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the world as per the statement given by UNCTAD on 7 September 2010.
5) All of above
8. Which party led the 6000 km Ekta Yatra to unfurl the national flag at Lal Chowk in Jammu and Kashmir?
1) Congress (I) 2) Bahujan Samaj Party 3) BJP 4) National Conference 5) Samajwadi Party
9. Award list is given. Pick up correct statements.
a) J.K. Rowling, author of the ‘Harry Potter’ series of books, has won the Hans Christian Andersen Literature Prize.
b) Dr. Anil Kakodkar, former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission was awarded the Indian Nuclear Society's Homi Bhabha Lifetime Achievement Award for the year
c) Taking note of his work for the welfare of children, A.R. Rehman received Crystal Award of the World Economic Forum.
d) Padma Vibhushan conferred on Dr. (Smt.) Kapila Vatsyayan from the discipline of Art
e) MAKE (Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise) Award conferred on Infosys Technologies.
1) a, b, c, d, e 2) b, c, d 3) a, c, d 4) a, c, d, e 5) a, b, c, d
10. Yashwant Sonawane, the Additional Collector of …… district of Maharastra was burnt alive by kerosene mafia on 25 January 2011.
1) Ahmednagar 2) Akola 3) Jalgaon 4) Parbhani 5) Nashik
11. Which country people raising protests to bring down the 30 year prolonged dictatorship of President Hosni Mubarak?
1) Mynmar 2) Sudan 3) Egypt 4) North Korea 5) Venezuela
12. What is meant by Stapled visa? (China is issuing stapled visas to the residents of Jammu & Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh, when they visit China).
1) When the visas are issued for the VIPs like President of USA and Russia. Their Visas bear no photo.
2) The visas issued to students to pursue education out side of the commonwealth nations by the American States.
3) When the visas for a visiting country are issued on a separate paper rather than on the passport.
4) When the visas are issued for the refugees like Dalai Lama and Karmapa Lama by India.
5) Visas issued to the Sports personal.
13. Pick up wrong acronym.
1) NCHER - National Commission for Higher Education and Roll.
2) NCHRH - National Commission on Human Resource for Health.
3) NICD - National Institute of Communicable Diseases.
4) NIV - National Institute of Virology
5) CCHF - Crimean - Congo Hemorrhagic Fever.
14. ‘Decision Points’ written by ……?
1) Barrack Obama 2) V.S. Naipaul 3) Arundhathi Roy 4) George W Bush 5) Bin Laden
15. International Customs Day (ICD) each year celebrates on ……?
1) 31 January 2) 14 January 3) 10 January 4) 26 January 5) 5 January
16. Who composed music (original score) to film “127 Hours”, selected for the nomination in 83rd Oscar nominations?
1) John Powell 2) Hans Zimmer 3) A.R. Rahman 4) Alexander Desplat 5) Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
17. We missed them as the following persons passed away recently. Pick up wrong pair.
1) Pandit Bhimsen Joshi – The famous Hindustani Classical singer, the recipient of Bharat Ratna.
2) Karunakaran- Former Chief Minister of Kerala and an architect of bipolar coalition regime in Kerala.
3) Rameswar Pathak - Famous director and producer of Oriya Films.
4) Surendra Mohan - Socialist thinker and activist.
5) D.V.S. Raju - Veteren Film Producer.
18. Miss Universe, 2010 visited India recently to support the cause of the girl child. Miss Universe 2010 is ….. ?
1) Alexandria Mills of U.S.A
2) Rima Fakih of U.S.A
3) Ximena Navarrette of Mexico.
4) Nicole Faria of India.
5) Manasvi Mamgai of India.
19. Under whose chairmanship, the committee was established by IRDA (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority) on third party motor cover?
1) M. Ramprasad 2) C.B. Bhave 3) Vinod Roy 4) Chturvedi 5) C. Ranga Rajan
20. Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held in November 2010, won by …….?
1) Sebastial Vettel (Germany) 2) Lewis Hamilton (UK) 3) Jenson Button (UK) 4) Nico Rosberg (Germany) 5) Robert Kubica (Poland)
21. Australian Tennis Open results are given. Pick up correct one.
a) Novak Djokovic of Serbia outclassed Andy Murray of Great Britain in man singles event.
b) Kim Clijsters of Belgium dashed Chinese Li Na, dipping hopes of a historic first Grand Slam singles title for China in woman singles event.
c) Mike Bryan & Bob Bryan of USA beaten Leander Paes & Mahesh Bhupathi of India man doubles.
d) Jiri Vesely of Czech republic crushed Luke Saville of Australia in the junior boys segment.
e) An Sophie Mestach of Belgium beaten Monica Puig of Puerto Rico in the junior girls event.
1) a, b, c, d, e 2) a, c, d, e 3) b, c, d 4) b, c, d, e 5) a, c, e
22. RBI had set up the sub-committee, headed by Mr. Y.H. Malegam to give recommendations on the Microfinance institutions. His recommendations do not include … ?
1) Create Separate category of Non- Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) operating in the microfinance sector.
2) Even for Micro-finance loan sector, the set up of Credit Information Bureau is essential.
3) Micro Finance companies must be audited by the lead banks of the concerned districts on monthly basis.
4) Limiting the lending to the same borrower to two Microfinance institutes.
5) Micro Finance Companies must not charge more than 24% from borrowers.
23. Asian Development Bank (ADB) provides of … to India for developing its infrastructure for a three-year period (2011-13)?
1) $ 7.4 billion 2) $ 7.4 million 3) $ 5.4 billion 4) $ 6 billion 5) $ 3.4 billion
24. The Banks Punch lines are given. Pick up correct one.
1) Allahabad Bank - A tradition of trust
2) Andhra Bank - For all your needs
3) Bank of Baroda - India’s International Bank
4) Bank of India - Relationship beyond Banking
5) All of the above
25. The head offices of banks are given. Pick up incorrect one.
1) Allahabad Bank - Kolkatta
2) Andhra Bank - Hyderabad
3) Bank of Baroda - Baroda
4) Bank of India - Mumbai
26. After 6 years fight, which company got nod from the environment ministry to establish a 12–million - tonne - per - annum steel plant along with captive power plant and a captive port in Orissa? This company has its brain in South Korea.
1) POSCO 2) Mittal 3) Nippon 4) Tata 5) SAIL
27. Familiar steel companies of the world are given. Select the wrong pair.
1) Essar - France
2) Outotec Oyj - Finland
3) Severstal - Russia
4) Nippon Steel - Japan
5) SAIL - India
28. Core sector growth shown 6.6% growth in December 2010. Core Sector includes?
1) Software, Coal, Paper, Electricity, Finished Steel and Petroleum Refinery Products.
2) Sugar, Coal, Rice, Electricity, Finished Steel and Electricity Products.
3) Cement, Coal, Crude Oil, Electricity, Finished Steel and Petroleum Refinery Products.
4) Cement, Coal, Crude Oil, Electricity, Finished Steel and Chemical Products.
29. Which telecom company became the first to launch ‘Mobile Wallet Services’ in the country on 31 January 2011. It is convenient and secure way of making payments through this mobile platform.
1) IDEA 2) AIRCEL 3) AIRTEL 4) TATA DOCOMO 5) BPL
30. ‘Mobile Wallet Services’ first launched in ……. ?
1) Noida 2) Mumbai 3) Gurgaon 4) Hyderabad 5) Jammu.
1)5 2)3 3)5 4)2 5)4 6)5 7)5 8)3 9)1 10)5 11)3 12)3 13)1 14)4 15)4 16)3 17)3 18)3 19)1 20)1 21)1 22)3 23)1 24)5 25)5 26)1 27)1 28)3 29)3 30)3