Prof G. Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education (PGRRCDE), Osmania University, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) announced notification for admission to various UG, PG, PG Diploma and professional programs under distance education mode. Osmania University is offering diploma courses in advanced areas like bioinformatics, telecom software and English Language Teaching. Admission to all the courses will be based on marks in qualifying examination. Following are details of courses, eligibility and application procedure.
Post Graduate Courses:
1. M.B.A. / M.C.A.: Duration is 3 years); Eligibility: Qualifying Marks in ICET-2011.
2. M.A. ( Hindi / Telugu / English / Urdu / Economics/ Sanskrit / History / Psychology/ Political Science / ): Eligibility: Should have studied subject concerned at the U.G. Degree level.
3. M.A. (Vedic Astrology / Philosophy / Sociology / Public Personnel Management/ Journalism and Public Relations): Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline / subject of 3 years duration.
4. M.Com: Eligibility: Should have passed in B.Com
5. M.Sc. Mathematics: Eligibility: Should have studied Mathematics at UG level
6. M.Sc. Statistics: Eligibility: Graduation with Mathematics/ Statistics
Under Graduate Courses:
1. B.A.: Eligibility: Intermediate / +2
2. B.A. Mathematics and Statistics: Intermediate pass / +2 with maths
3. B.Com General / Computers / BBA: Eligibility: Intermediate or 10+2
PG Diploma Courses (1 year)
1. PG Diploma in Bioinformatics: B.Sc./ B.Sc. Agriculture/ B.Pharmacy / BVSc/ MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BE with minimum 50 percent marks
2. PG Diploma in Telecom Software: Eligibility: B.E/ B.Tech / MS (IT) / MCA
3. PG Diploma in Business Management / Mathematics / English Language Teaching / Computer Applications: Eligibility: Graduation of 3 years in any discipline.
Application forms ca be obtained through post by sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 150 drawn in favour of the Director, PGRRCDE, OU along with self addressed envelope. Prospectus and Application form can also be obtained in person by submitting a DD for Rs.100 at SBH Extension counter at PGRRCDE, the University Press and Publications, OU; Canara Bank, Mettuguda, Andhra Bank, Vidyanagar; State Bank of Hyderabad branches at Nizamabad, Mahabubnagar and Nalgonda. Forms can also be obtained from Coordinator, Girraj Govt. College, Nizamabad and Nagajuna Govt. Degree College, Nalgonda. Details can be obtained from the PGRRCDE website www.oucde.ac.in.
Last Dates for submission of filled in application forms:
1. M.B.A. / M.C.A.: September 10, 2011 (Till 10th Nov 2011 with Late fee of Rs. 250)
2. M.A. / M.Com / M.Sc / P.G. Diplomas: 10th October (Till 10th Dec 2011 with Late fee of Rs. 250)
3. B.A. (Languages) / B.A. / B.Com. / B.B.A.: 18th October (Till 18th December 2011 with Late fee of Rs. 250)
4. Diploma in Bioinformatics / Computer Applications: 16th August 2011 (Till 15th September 2011 with Late fee of Rs. 250)