Osmania University, Hyderabad has released PGECET 2014 results on 16th June 2014. OU has conducted the Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET – 2012) for admission to PG courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, D.Pharm., Architecture and Planning courses. The vacant seats in above PG Courses if any after admitting GATE or GPAT qualified candidates will be filled through PGECET 2014 results and rankings only. There will be separate notification for GATE and GPAT qualified candidates. The OU also conducts centralised Web Counseling for the admissions purpose. Following are other details:
Eligibility for the PGECET is as follows:
1. Applicants should have passed in any one of these: B.E, B.Tech, B.Pharm, AMIE, B.Arch, B.Planning in the relevant branch or discipline.
2. Those candidates qualified in GATE/ GPAT and other equivalent national or state entrance exams need not appear for PGECET. However they may also write PGECET 2012 if they wish to do so. PGECET qualified candidates will be admitted in the above mentioned courses only after admitting GATE or GPAT candidates. There are several institutions which are offering M.Tech courses for non GATE candidates. This is the right time to keep a track on them as the notifications will come out. IIIT Hyderabad is one such institutions and it has already announced admission notification for M.Tech based on it’s own PGEE scores.
Application Method: Interested candidates can apply online only through www.appgecet.org. Application fee is Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 only for SC/ ST students). Detailed instruction for applying online also available on the website. Detailed notification will also be displayed on www.osmania.ac.in along with official website.
Address: The Convenor, PGECET-2012, University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad- 500007. Details of PGECET 2012 last rankings / university wise cut offs will be made available here in due course.
Tuition Fee Details: Following are tuition fee details for M.Tech and M.Pharmacy Courses:
1. For University Colleges: M.Pharmacy Rs. 15000-25000; All other courses like ME, M.Tech, M. Arch, M.Planning Rs. 15000-25000
2. For University Colleges – Self Finance Category: M.Pharmacy Rs. 110000; For Other courses such as ME, M.Tech, M. Arch, M.Planning Rs. 57000.
3. For Private Unaided Colleges: Pharm D: Rs 68000 ; M.Pharmacy Rs. 110000; ME, M.Tech, M. Arch, M.Planning Rs. 57000
Note: Candidates whose parental income is less than Rs.100000 are exempted from payment of Tuition Fee subject to conditions of the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh / Telangana.
Certificates to be produced for verification at helpline centers:
1. S.S.C. OR 10th Class Marks list (for Date of Birth proof)
2. Intermediate Marks Memo cum Pass certificate
3. Any of these Certificates: B.Tech, BE, B.Arch, B.Pharm, M.Sc, MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. Agriculture, B.V.Sc. or other relevant Degree Marks Memos
4. Study Certificates from Relevant Degree to Tenth Class,
5. Residence certificate in case of non local candidate.
6. Income certificate issued by Govt. of AP / Telangana.